We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel - Suite with a kitchen, laundry etc.......

Toronto
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel - Suite with a kitchen, laundry etc.......

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone can provide any recommendations for accommodations in Fort Lauderdale. I'm looking for a suite with a kitchen if possible. I will be travelling with my elderly in laws and 8 month old daughter.

I saw Il Lugano which looks nice but am unsure about location. I'm looking for somewhere where we can walk or is a short ride to the beach, shopping, restaurants etc..........

Not sure if there is such a thing but any recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated. We have a healthy budget but I don't want to break the bank.

Many thanks!

Toronto
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel - Suite with a kitchen, laundry etc.......

oh and let me clarify, my in laws aren't staying in the suite with my husband, daughter and I so it doesn't need to be a large suite. We are getting them a separate room. (phew!) I'm just hoping for a separate room for my daughter to sleep in.

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel - Suite with a kitchen, laundry etc.......

Orli-I would suggest the Hilton Beach resort.It is a very nice hotel across the street from the beach,and walking distance to restaurants and shops. They have a variety of different suites.You could get the 1 BR suite for yourself-it has a full kitchen, living room, separate bedroom, and 1-1/2 baths.Then for your in-laws, you could get the jr. suite, which also has a kitchen, or just the studio suite that has a microwave and small frig. All rooms have balconies, and most with views of the ocean. Not sure about the laundry.

Another choice is Doubletree Gallery One, which is also all suites, and is located on the intracoastal, and is a 5 minute walk to the beach(if that). The Galleria Mall is next door, with many different dining options. The pool is much better at Hilton though.

Lago Mar has suites as well and is directly on the beach, but you would need a car(or taxi) to get to restaurants off site.

Edited: 16 March 2011, 13:48
Toronto
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel - Suite with a kitchen, laundry etc.......

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your reply. I will look into those options.

Virginia
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel - Suite with a kitchen, laundry etc.......

We usually stay at the Marriott Beachplace Towers, and we love it there. The villas have a full kitchen and washer and dryer along with a living room and dining room area. It sits on top of beachplace with some restaurants and shopping below.

Toronto
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel - Suite with a kitchen, laundry etc.......

I will check it out, thanks very much!

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,890 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel - Suite with a kitchen, laundry etc.......

I agree with Jody - Gallery One or Hilton Beach would be my first preferences!

Toronto
Level Contributor
161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel - Suite with a kitchen, laundry etc.......

Thanks everyone. I'm leaning towards the Hilton beach and the rates are really good for when we are looking.

Really appreciate the feedback and helping us plan a vacation.

8. Re: Hotel - Suite with a kitchen, laundry etc.......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 21:15