We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Water bus from Lauderdale By the Sea

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CT
1 post
Save Topic
Getting to Water bus from Lauderdale By the Sea

Can someone tell me how to get from the Lauderdale by the sea area to the water bus by public transportation, or how much would a cab be? Also does the water bus stop at Las Olas Blvd we would like to go there to. Thanks so much :)

South Florida
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Water bus from Lauderdale By the Sea

Take the #11 bus ($1.00) down A1A to Oakland Park Blvd. and walk 1 block West to Shooters restaurant and you can pick up the water bus from there. It does make stops along Las Olas. Cab fare for the same distance should be just under $10 w/tip.

broward.org/bct/mapsandschedules_route_11.htm

www.watertaxi.com/FortLauderdale/FLLHome.Asp

Seattle
Level Contributor
621 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Water bus from Lauderdale By the Sea

I just looked at Route 11. I will be staying at the Ramada at Fort Lauderdale by the Sea. Route 11 actually goes all the way to and on Las Olas Blvd. Go to the following site www.broward.org/bct/mapsandschedules.htm

Click on Route 11. You will find a map and the schedule. My husband and I several years ago tried both the bus and the water taxi and prefered the bus. We also felt very safe day or night. From our hotel to the Riverwalk it's only a short 20 minutes bus ride and for $1.00/person you can't beat it.