We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rest. recs here is the list, OK experts chime in

Briarcliff Manor...
Level Contributor
552 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Rest. recs here is the list, OK experts chime in

Staying at the Marriott BeachTowers with my mother, son (3 yr old) and I. From a local here is are the places he suggested:

Coconuts, Bimini Boatyard, Corta Deck, Casa Blanca, Mango's, Pelican Bar/Grille

I know that 15th st fisheries is more high end and might not be good for my 3 yr old. Are the above places more family friendly? Thanks

Mike

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,343 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rest. recs here is the list, OK experts chime in

Yes, 15th Street Fisheries has a dining room but it also has a family friendly, covered deck where meals are served.. Your 3 year old would fit right in on the deck and would have a ball feeding the fish! Try to sit next to the railing!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
954 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rest. recs here is the list, OK experts chime in

I think that Corta Deck is supposed to be Quarter Deck. it has glide tables and good specials.

Briarcliff Manor...
Level Contributor
552 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rest. recs here is the list, OK experts chime in

It is QuarterDeck, thanks for the clear up. Incidentally, the indiviudal who suggested the above places, is an older gentleman, so he might not see the kid friendly places.

Also heard that Bluefish was also child friendly.

Mike

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,088 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rest. recs here is the list, OK experts chime in

I think everywhere is child friendly at lunchtime until early evening, I doubt with a 3 year old you will be in the places you originally mentioned late at night. Cafe Bluefish is fundamentally a locals bar which serves food, I love it but I'm not so sure that I would take a 3 year old there late at night.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rest. recs here is the list, OK experts chime in

I would add Bahia Cabana which is not far from the Quarterdeck. Great casual place on the water. I think it's been there longer than I've been alive. Great outdoor eating where a 3 yr old would be welcome and not far from where you are staying. Don't miss 15th St Fisheries. We like to go via Water Taxi and It's something kids enjoy. Also fun for your Mom and child to take the water taxi over and wander around Las Olas, pick a place for an early dinner. So close but so diffferent from the beach. Good variety of very good restaurants there.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,657 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rest. recs here is the list, OK experts chime in

I'm not sure I'd keep Casablanca on the list- not sure if their somewhat higher end cuisine includes a kids menu ( though I guess they would come up with something.) At least at night , it's a pretty romantic place, lots of couples celebrating events , not much space for a child to get around as it is in an old house with little separate dining areas.But definitely Bahia Cabana- even we DE's like to dine at the glider swing tables and watch the boats go by there ( don't we DE Abby?)

Edited: 09 September 2011, 22:46
Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rest. recs here is the list, OK experts chime in

LuLu - We have never tried the one at the beach, maybe we should on our upcoming visit. I've always wondered about about the glider swings ;-). We did get to the one on Cordova a couple years ago.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,879 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rest. recs here is the list, OK experts chime in

We do like those gliders Lulu! I agree that most of the places are kid friendly, but I also think that Casablanca in the evening, is not the place to bring a 3 year old.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,657 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rest. recs here is the list, OK experts chime in

I think you're thinking about Quarterdeck ,Harry, not Bahia Cabana - they have some glider swings as well, but their beach location is not on the water- it's about a block west of A1A on Las Olas. Quarterdeck has several locations around town , but Bahia Cabana is only one place - in the Bahia Cabana Days Inn ( a motel I would not recommend to anyone). I would say the food tat the Quarterdeck chain is fine , typical bar food, burgers , wings, fish sandwiches etc - but I like the food at Bahia Cabana better - great fish sandwiches and ribs- and try it for breakfast sometime .,-as well as the view of Bahia Mar Marina from those glider swings- but Bahia Cabana is pretty rustic inside - very Key West in feel to me and a bit challenging for anyone who valued a clean restaurant- the restrooms there are not for the faint of heart-if you have to use one - take a big gulp of something alcoholic before opening the door..

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rest. recs here is the list, OK experts chime in

LuLu - You're correct as usual ;-). We did go to Bahia Cabana once with Jody for lunch and enjoyed it as well. I'm trying to come up with some places that we can go with our friends who are coming with us on our Oct. trip. They aren't quite as adventurous as Sue and I when it comes to eating out. One doesn't really like Seafood while her husband does. Luckily there are usually at least a cople of non-seafood dishes available. So far we have just planned on going to Bravo's and possibly the Irish Pub we spoke of. Another possibility is H2O for the food and people watching.