We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Yankee Trader or Clipper?

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dallas, texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sheraton Yankee Trader or Clipper?

Hi, we are traveling with two teens to Fort Lauderdale for Spring Break. I have been researching and the Sheratons look great. We want a nice large beach, pool, sports (we like the bb court) $200-$250 price range. Does anyone have any thoughts about choosing between these two or maybe another choice? I can't really tell too much of a difference. Thanks so much!

ft laud
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Yankee Trader or Clipper?

im not positive but i think their owned by the same entity. yes you are correct their pretty much the same so i guess if i where you id go with location.

Ft.lauderdale
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Yankee Trader or Clipper?

I think you should go with the sheaton Yankee clipper it was great. I stayed there after homcoming. It is litterally on the beach and i got to wake up in the morning looking at the sunrise. It is in a great location and you can not get any closer to the beach I can garantee that. But if they are staying there make sure to try and get a room over looking the beach it is great. There is not much to do in the hotel but 100s of things to do withing walking distance of the hotel. Great place for teens i deffinantley recomend it

ft laud
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Yankee Trader or Clipper?

this was in the sun sentinel today there was a graphic also but i didnt see it here.

sun-sentinel.com/business/…

dallas, texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Yankee Trader or Clipper?

Thanks for the information. The article was very interesting as it discussed all of the redevelopment in the area. For some reason i am having a hard time making up my mind on where to stay. One minute i think Sheratons on Fort Lauderdale, another i think Singer Island, and then another I think The Newport Oceanfront in Sunny Isles. I just wish everything wasn't so darn expensive!

ft laud
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Yankee Trader or Clipper?

lol singer island sounds good!!! the reason why i sent the article was the part about what the guy said about one of the sheratons when he was there for a conference not that it would deter me much if the price was right!!!!!

dallas, texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheraton Yankee Trader or Clipper?

I know! The article wasn't too favorable to the Sheratons. The thing is though that i have decided there is NO way we are staying for a WHOLE week with two teens and my husband and I in the same room. Soooo i am going to look at renting a condo or two hotel rooms. Got any ideas??

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sheraton Yankee Trader or Clipper?

We stayed at the Yankee Clipper last week (you can read my review in the TripAdvisor hotel reviews). It was OK ��� nothing special though. It���s an older, historical hotel. The thing the Clipper has going for it is location ��� it���s only one of two hotels that are actually on the beach. The other hotel is the Marriott next door. It���s right beside South Beach Park ��� so lots and lots of beach real estate available (and 7 beach v-ball courts beside the hotel and basketball a couple blocks down the street). The Yankee Trader is much newer. We walked through the lobby and it looked very nice ��� don���t know about the rooms. We have heard the service is better at the Trader, though we had no complaints about service at the Clipper. The Trader���s beach is very, very narrow. Maybe the tide was high but when we were there, I estimated about 30 feet max from sidewalk to ocean. I had no idea how you would ever find space on a sunny afternoon ��� but then maybe everyone flocks to South Beach and crowds aren���t a problem here. And you have to cross the street to get to it (via a pedestrian bridge). Because of this, the Trader���s room price tends to be lower. Hope this helps!

New York
Level Contributor
414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sheraton Yankee Trader or Clipper?

I like the Trader, better location in my opinion.

ft laud
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sheraton Yankee Trader or Clipper?

the reason why i posted the liink was because of the review a conferancegoer gave the sheraton.

dallas, texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Sheraton Yankee Trader or Clipper?

Are you meaning the comment about the Clipper being depressing?