We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice area downtown for lunch and what restaurant?

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
nice area downtown for lunch and what restaurant?

My husband and I will be blowing through and I wanted to know which area we should see and a good restaurant for lunch! Thanks!

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice area downtown for lunch and what restaurant?

Your post mentions "downtown" so to us that typically means Las Olas Blvd. There's no shortage of restaurants along the Boulevard - I happen to like Indigo (sit outside) at the Riverside Hotel. Food is excellent and the scenery is great. There's also Johnny V, Tundra (the new "ice theme" restaurant that opened where Mancini's used to be), Cafe de Paris, Le Bonne Crepe - you have your choice...I'd eat at every one of the restaurants on the Boulevard - I think they're all good!

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nice area downtown for lunch and what restaurant?

I should add that most of the restaurants have outdoor seating. That's what I love...

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice area downtown for lunch and what restaurant?

As Abby has said, we don't have a real "downtown"- ours only has office buildings- but Las Olas Blvd is in that area and is our "restaurant row" locally, attracting both tourists and locals from teh Downtown offices and locals who have time to "do lunch.".

Hoewever, as much as I love the sidewalk restaurants of Las Olas, if I only had one chance to "do lunch" in Ft. Lauderdale, I might choose to do it on the beach , with an Ocean view rather than cars whizzing by on Las Olas- probably at Casablanca Cafe or H20- both right on the Ocean. But really it would depend on where you are 'blowing in" from and to and how near the beach you will be- it's only a few minutes east of the Las Olas places and has so much more of what is unique to Ft. Lauderdale in my opinion. And the drive east to the beach on las Olas is lovely- passing mega homes with mega yachts parked outside. If that doesn't work for you, I enjoy Las Olas as well- though I have not heard such good stuff about Tundra from friends. You can park, stroll and study menus to choose a cuisine you like- I like the Greek place Trata at the moment..

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nice area downtown for lunch and what restaurant?

Thank you for all the suggestions...I have Indigo at Riverside Johnny V Trata

or if at beach...Casablanca Cafe or H20 in my Ft. Lauderdale notes!

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nice area downtown for lunch and what restaurant?

All great choices!

Lulu - we should check out Tundra for ourselves....:)

fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
50 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nice area downtown for lunch and what restaurant?

For Lunch- I recommentd Bistro St tropez on Las Olas BLVD- fabulous salds, sandwiches and steak frites. Or you can try Big City Grill- salds, burgers. The Lunch at the riverside is very average - its better for breakfast or drinks. Another spot locals love for lunch is the little Mermaid Cafe- its in the Gallleria Mall near the beach and its on the 2nf flr of Neiman Marcus.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nice area downtown for lunch and what restaurant?

I've never been to Bistro St. Tropez - guess I'll need to check it out. I wasn't impressed with Big City Tavern so I rarely recommend it.

If I was going to the Galleria Mall, I'd eat at Seasons 52, PF Chang, Truluck's, or Blue Martini.

Edited: 28 January 2012, 01:16
8. Re: nice area downtown for lunch and what restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2013, 10:23