We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

week here and where else

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
690 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
week here and where else

Hi all

Hope you can help us we are heading over in december 26th for two weeks we are doing a week here in Fort Lauderdale but have no idea on where else we did miami and Orlando before!! We where going to do Tampa maybe??? We love Eating out good food Shopping for me!! Just like to be near the main strip where all the action is and is lively. Thanks very much hope to hear from you soon..

Las Olas Boulevard
Shopping Malls, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Galleria
Shopping Malls
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,757 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: week here and where else

Instead of a pub crawl you can do a city crawl either up the Atlantic coast from Ft. Lauderdale or up the Gulf coast from Naples on up to Tampa.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
690 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: week here and where else

No PUB CRAWLS for us im afraid!!!! Don't Drink alcohol. Thank you for your reply.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: week here and where else

Naples is really nice. 5th Avenue is great for shopping and dining and the beach is great as well. If you like golf, there are plenty of golf courses for you to play over there. Naples is more quiet than Fort Lauderdale. It is just a great community.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
690 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: week here and where else

Great that sounds great just dont want to stay in the same place for the two weeks we are there may hire a car too. Thank You for your Reply very helpful

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: week here and where else

Key West is our favorite place to vacation. Lots of great restaurants and live music ebpverywhere. If you stay in Old Town, you can walk or bike to everything.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,481 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: week here and where else

I'd go to Key West or Naples in preference to Tampa-or maybe just to Singer Island in the Palm Beach area north of us . Tampa is more of a city than a tourist spot to me- and it has no beach unless you travel some distance west of the city.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
690 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: week here and where else

Oh right didn't know that ok. I Will look more in to that area didn't know that it had no. Beach.... thanks very much to you all...

England
Level Contributor
44 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: week here and where else

Hi - Key West is a beautiful spot and the drive down from Miami is an experience in itself. We did that last September and stopped off for overnight stays both ways to have relaxing evening and enjoy the local fresh caught seafood.

However Key West is really geared up for the part people and there are lots of bars and plenty of weekend visitors who gage advantage of the. Great entertainment.

If you fancy going somewhere perhaps not has lively have you ever looked at St Agustine up North from Daytona - look it up, you just might be surprised. We have just booked our September trip to the states and following a week up north America we are heading to Florida and going to try this place.

Looks as though it might offer a little bit of old Florida with plenty of good eating places

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: week here and where else

I think it boils down to how much distance you want between the two places you end up in. Frankly, I'd want to do as little driving as possible. While Key West and St. Augustine are both nice places, I would not want to drive to either. It would take you the better part of a day to go from Fort Lauderdale to either place.

I think Singer Island or Naples would be really good ideas.

England
Level Contributor
44 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: week here and where else

Agree - but if they are looking for two bases a week in each - then the four hour drive to give them two different holiday weeks wouldnt be too much to ask...

Afterall they have travelled over from dublin in the first place