We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach "Boardwalk/Wavewalk" area questions

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Beach "Boardwalk/Wavewalk" area questions

Hi, I heard something about this stretch of beach that's considered the "main drag" for walking up and down the beach area, vendors, shops, motels, restaurants, junk food, etc. and I even think I remember reading about a "Wavewall" along the way.

Can anyone tell me what I read about??? It sounded like a main area for strolling along the beach front but I am unsure where it starts and ends in the scheme of things. We are staying at the Best Western Oceanside and I don't think that's near enough to walk, but I may be wrong. Help, :) thanks.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach "Boardwalk/Wavewalk" area questions

Helo Rocker,

What you read about all refers to the sidewalk and a low wall that separates the sidewalk from the sand on the beach. It's artistic and nicely done! But it's still just a sidewalk along the beach. This area is just a very short distance from your hotel, a very walkable distance.

Enjoy your visit!

Spirit

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach "Boardwalk/Wavewalk" area questions

Hi Spirit, thanks for the description of the "Wavewall", is this one and the same area I described above, (restaurants, shops etc.) or another stretch of the beach. If it's a different area, where else should I be going, how much further down the beach etc? Thanks, :)

Edited: 02 February 2012, 21:20
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,868 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach "Boardwalk/Wavewalk" area questions

I think you might be talking about Hollywood and the Broadwalk. They've added a "wavewall" like the one in Fort Lauderdale there.

I like the Broadwalk - there are lots of touristy type shops and some nice restaurants as well. It's a pedestrian walkway although you can rent "surreys" to pedal, ride bikes and/or skate there as well.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,481 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach "Boardwalk/Wavewalk" area questions

Yes, I think Abby is correct in trying to clarify that the Broadwalk pedestrian walking area ( not made of wood hence Broadwalk, not Boardwalk ) is in Hollywood to our south. Ft. Lauderdale has a a regular sidewalk rinnung down the beach and the shops/eating places are across the road ( which has auto traffic but is not hard to cross). And I guess both cities now have wave wall features oin one smll area of the beach - pretty to look at- but not a major tourist attraction IMO

5. Re: Beach "Boardwalk/Wavewalk" area questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2013, 10:28