We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable place to stay in Fort Lauderdale with parking

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable place to stay in Fort Lauderdale with parking

What would be a good low priced place to stay in Fort Lauderdale. I will have a rental car. So need a place that does not charge arm and a leg to park.

Plan one or 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale.

Would i be best something far from beach to save money?

like near airport and the and then drive in?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable place to stay in Fort Lauderdale with parking

The only accommodations in the beach area that do not charge for parking are the smaller "Mom and Pop" style accommodations which have small lots for their own guests only.. All others highrise and national chain hotels charge $20+/day for parking- usually by valet or in parking garages.

Some small Mom and Pop style accommodations that are clean include Cocobelle, Alhambra Beach, Birch Patio and Napoli Belmar. There are some small beach hotels that are very dirty such as Tropic Cay , Avalon and Sea Club, among others. Be very careful when looking for budget accommodations on the beach- many are used more by transient workers than tourists and have questionable clientele.

Staying off the beach means you will have to pay to park when driving in from the outskirts to use the beach , so it will only save a little and be less convenient. Daytime parking is generally $1/hr on the beach.

The smaller town of Lauderdale by the Sea at the north end of Ft. Lauderdale has many small motels with free parking, but again they vary greatly in cleanliness and quality.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable place to stay in Fort Lauderdale with parking

I stayed at the Ocean Gate Hotel which is 2 blocks from the beach and had free parking. It was very clean and the staff was lovely. I'm not sure what price range you are looking for, but we paid $149/night for a 1 bedroom efficiency. I believe they have studios for less.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,010 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable place to stay in Fort Lauderdale with parking

We always stay at the Cocobelle, we have stayed there 11 times 12th coming up and have never had any cause for complaint. It's close to the Ocean Gate which has already been recommended, about a five minute walk to the beach and and a 5/10 minute walk to bars and restaurants. Having said that it is at the quieter end of the beach as is the Ocean Gate. Parking close to the beach is either metered or there are parking lots at the busy part of the beach at the intersection with Las Olas Boulevard one is metered the other I think has an attendant. The Cocobelle or the Ocean Gate would put you about a mile from this area, we find it easily walkable, you might not.

northeast US
Level Contributor
17 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable place to stay in Fort Lauderdale with parking

Our absolute favorite is the Alhambra Beach on Alhambra St. Less than 90 seconds to the beach, this is a beautiful small (12 rooms) boutique style hotel. Matt and Ernesto give it that "something extra". We are already booked for next year. The Casablanca Restaurant on the corner is excellent and has some wonderful low-cost meals. Parking is free at the Alhambra and we walked just about everywhere. Books early; hope you can get it!

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable place to stay in Fort Lauderdale with parking

Try looking a little north at Lauderdale By the Sea

Highnoon Resort

6. Re: Affordable place to stay in Fort Lauderdale with parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 12:15