We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hertz car rental Fort Lauderdale Airport

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hertz car rental Fort Lauderdale Airport

Be aware! I presented my internet Hertz reservation contract which cost only $220 and they would not honor it because it was Easter Weekend. They refused to give me that price and instead said I would have to pay $800. I spoke with the management and no avail. I spoke to their "live chat" help and no avail. It's a terrible way to start your vacation. After wasting 1 hour, I picked up my suite cases and headed straight to Thrifty who provided me with a great deal at $250 dollars and I received an almost brand new 2012 Ford Fusion fully equipped with leather and satelite radio. A big thank-you to Patrick at Thrifty Fort Lauderdale Airport location. Ask for Patrick (he calls himself SpongeBob's best friend). And a BIG BOO to Hertz Fort Lauderdale Airport location for not honoring their contract with me "because it's Easter Weekend, we cannot give you that price, Sir" I hope this message will cause them to lose a lot of business. You don't do that to customers. A contract is a contract!

Edited: 21 April 2012, 19:31
43 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,435 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hertz car rental Fort Lauderdale Airport

"After waiting in line for over an hour we finally were able to talk with a service associate"

Just out of curiosity, why did you volunteer to wait in a line, rather then using the free Gold Club service that would have allowed you to bypass the counter? FLL is a Gold Canopy location for Hertz, which means you do not even have to stop and pick up your keys - just walk straight to the vehicle and drive out of the garage.

Why did you agree to pay for charges or services that you did not understand? Why did you not ask for clarification on what you were paying for and why?

As far as alternate payment goes, did you ask about that when you returned the vehicle, or just when you picked it up? Usually you can pay for it whatever way you want when you drop it off. I have often switched to a different credit card - just speak to the attendant about it when you check the car back in.

-JimG

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hertz car rental Fort Lauderdale Airport

I had a terrible experience with Hertz in Edmonton, Canada and will NEVER rent with them again - I felt like I was in an episode of the office. The car would not start and it took over three days for them to take care of it (meanwhile I had to take taxis) and they kept telling me I had a Volvo while I had a Corolla - when I corrected them I was asked repeatedly "are you sure?". At one point a tow truck came to pick up the vehicle but wouldn't take it away because it wasn't a Volvo (!!) true story....

San Fernando...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hertz car rental Fort Lauderdale Airport

Had a great rental from FLL office in April and even got a free upgrade because the car I booked was not available. The car we got was clean and practically brand new. Got in at 1am and was out of there in less than 15mins. The return was even better....Thanks for a great holiday Hertz.

US
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hertz car rental Fort Lauderdale Airport

As a first time Hertz customer....I ended up going to Enterprise after a HORRIFIC 2 hour hassle with Hertz! The lines were outrageous and and the reps were the rudest I've ever encountered. They would not honor my online reservation for the price stated and would not accept my credit card because of my middle initial NOT also being on my drivers license. First and last time I will ever deal with this company and am so grateful Enterprise saved our vacation.

montreal
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hertz car rental Fort Lauderdale Airport

Hertz Rent a Car

801 Seabreeze Blvd, Ste A

Bahia Mar Yachting Center

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316, États-Unis

reservation made with expedia,com for 850$. Got there and it was....1300$....stay there 30 minutes cause ''computer problems'' ....STAY AWAY FROM THEM

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hertz car rental Fort Lauderdale Airport

Horrible customer service. Will never rent from them. They did not respect my reservation price and the customer service was a joke. Good thing there are some many other choices there. I booked with Thrifty and was satisfied but now I know that Hertz bought Thrifty so I won't be booking either anytime soon. Going with National Car Rental (Green Guys) this Dec 29, 2014.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Hertz car rental Fort Lauderdale Airport

They should change the name Hertz to Hurts. Worst car rental place in the world and that is not an exaggeration.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,900 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Hertz car rental Fort Lauderdale Airport

VERY strange that this whole thread about Hertz is so negative???

It is supposed to be one of the most reliable companies.

We have had only great experiences at other locations so very hard to believe that the FLL location is so terrible!! I guess we'll find out in October when we are there.We book directly with Hertz and use the Gold service so hopefully that will help.

Edited: 22 December 2014, 15:04
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Hertz car rental Fort Lauderdale Airport

That's what I did too and yet I wasted an hour arguing with the front desk and customer service.

It's a bad way to start your vacation.

I didn't let it put me in a bad mood.

I went to my usual Thrifty and got a reasonable deal with someone called "Patrick".

He made us laugh saying "Patrick" just like SpongeBob's best friend.

However, be wary that Hertz bought Thrifty so you never know.

If I were you, cancel and book somewhere else.

The FLL Hertz is really bad.

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Hertz car rental Fort Lauderdale Airport

The rental car in the worse condition I have ever received was from the Hertz at Fort Lauderdale airport. Missing some mats, dented and scratched along with an empty windshield washer tank. Drivers door looked like it had been forced open during a previous rental as well.

Reply to: Hertz car rental Fort Lauderdale Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted