We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paid for this trip 5 years ago and never went yet!

Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Topic
paid for this trip 5 years ago and never went yet!

after reading all of these reviews I am so scared to go on this cruise! i bought it almost 5 years ago and keep paying for extentions cause im justnot excited for it... I came back 2 days ago from a carnial cruise (which was amazing) and now im about to say forget this one! i had an amazing time on the other ship and the staff was phenomenal! now im not eo excited for my next :( guys is it really that bad????

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,427 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paid for this trip 5 years ago and never went yet!

You were up late last night!

You need to tell us what cruise you're talking about.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,304 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paid for this trip 5 years ago and never went yet!

Is it the famous Celebration Cruise that the time share companies sell as a "you won a cruise " package by phone solicitors ? It used to be called the Imperial Majesty ( when they used a different ship) but that is what it is called now and it goes out of Port of Palm Beach now, not from here..

If so, It's not realy a cruise ship- it's a former Russian ferry ship they bought at a fire sale and kinda fixed up ( but not much). Not my idea of nice cruise at all ( and lots of extra hidden charges they won't tell you about till they hit you with them). It will likely end up costing you more than the nicer one you took.

But it must be that one as I know of know other cruise line that would keep stringing someone along for 5 years. The reputable cruise lines wouldn't.

It would be nothing like a cruise on Carnival or another real cruise line.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,087 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paid for this trip 5 years ago and never went yet!

I think LuLu has it right. If you are picturing a Carnival Cruies that is NOT the experience you will have on Celebration. If you are looking for a ferry type trip to the Bahamas that's what you'll be getting with some entertainment and food. The cost when purchasing NOT thru some solicitation runs $60 to $100 pp. For that, transportation with a few decent meals included it's a cheap travel option but not what I would consider at all a "Cruise Experience".

4. Re: paid for this trip 5 years ago and never went yet!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 21:41
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale