We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in the next week?

ontario
Level Contributor
126 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in the next week?

Just looking on the future weather reports from my home in Ontario. Will be arriving Sat. for 1 week. Looks like rain and thunderstorms. Do they last all day? How are the real temps. from anyone who is living there? Thanks!

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in the next week?

I, like you, become obsessed with the weather before a vacation. I think that evey time we have gone to Florida the forecast is the same. It may rain every day , but it usually is for a short time and then quickly passes leaving wet ground and high humidity. But , that's Florida. Better than the snow we are having here today.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,990 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in the next week?

Snow? Did you say SNOW Coach?????

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in the next week?

yes, and we have an outdoor track meet today. It is just a lake effect flurry, just enought to cover the ground

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,990 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in the next week?

I agree with Coach that all day rain is unlikely unless the forecast says 60% or more chance - and even then it more often rains out west than on the beach because of the beach breezes blowing the storms out that way.- a 20% chance of rain is pretty much in every forecast for any day at this time of year and generally indicates a shower that will move over in the afternoon ( just in time to send beachgoers to a bar for Happy Hour), rain heavily but briefly, then move on. At least that is the most typical. pattern. Weather forecasts more than a day or two ahead are seldom acurate here anyway.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in the next week?

The noon news on WPLG (Channel 10) said rain chance increases starting Friday late afternoon, with a 30% chance on Friday and a 40% chance on Saturday, and again 30% chance on Sunday (Sat and Sun are the Air & Sea Show days).

Then the weatherman said he had to be "honest" and warn us that the chance of rain is likely to be raised from 40% to 50% or 60% for Saturday.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,990 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in the next week?

Yes, I'd say the Air Show promoters are getting pretty nervous about Sat /Sun right about now- rest of the week doesn't loook bad though- at least so far.

ontario
Level Contributor
126 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in the next week?

Thank you all for the information on the weather. It will be better than here. I really enjoy these forums.

Detroit
Level Contributor
921 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in the next week?

Watched it rain all day today in Pompano Beach.... drove to Miami to hit a restaurant we say on "Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives" just to fill the time. Hoping things clear up so I dont go home so white!!!

Still --- it's vacation so life is GRAND.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,990 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in the next week?

We are having lovely weather so far this morning ( Tuesday)- blue skies finally! I hope the Krow is still around so he can get at least a bit of sun!

10. Re: Weather in the next week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 06:17