We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Mar - Self-Service Laundry Facilities?

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Mar - Self-Service Laundry Facilities?

A very sad question! Can anyone tell me if the Bahia Mar has a laundry room where you can do your own washing/drying?

Thankyou!

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Mar - Self-Service Laundry Facilities?

The website says "laundry facilities".......most marinas have laundry facilities for boaters.

It is a sad question but it's also nice to know that you have a place to wash your clothes!!! Save your quarters!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,037 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Mar - Self-Service Laundry Facilities?

I would e mail the hotel and check, I think their laundry facilities might be the expensive type where the hotel does it for you. The only coin op laundry that I have ever noticed on the beach is at the northern end on NE 9th Street.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,374 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Mar - Self-Service Laundry Facilities?

I think Bahia Mar has both kinds Sue- a send out laundry valet service ( $$$$$) and a coin operated self serve on premises.

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Mar - Self-Service Laundry Facilities?

Many thanks Emily, and fingers crossed cos we are flying straight to Mexico for a couple of weeks and I defo will need to rinse a few things through lol!

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Mar - Self-Service Laundry Facilities?

Thx Sue - emailed the hotel first to ask - seems my question has gone down a dark hole! Will try again.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,374 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Mar - Self-Service Laundry Facilities?

Hey enough of this- I called them and yes, they have self service coin operated machines. Sometimes we local DE's have to earn our keep!

I have found hotels, not just here but everywhere , terrible about answering e-mails in a timely fashion. They must sit on someone's desk...

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahia Mar - Self-Service Laundry Facilities?

Hi! Its soooo really nice of you to take the trouble - it is very much appreciated - thankyou! Really looking forward to the trip - we were last there 11 years ago and had a great time - hence we thought it time to return (without the kids!).

Again, many thanks - I can start saving my quarters!

Regards

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,374 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahia Mar - Self-Service Laundry Facilities?

Hey I'll bring my stuff down and you can throw in a load for me! We're going on a 14 day cruise and I was stunned to learn our RCI ship does not have self serve machines- we can send it with the valet- a pair ofsocks costs $1.50 to be done ! ( do you suppose they iron them and put them on a hanger?)

Happy to help!

Edited: 03 May 2012, 20:09
Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahia Mar - Self-Service Laundry Facilities?

Oh you made me chuckle! $1.50 - shame you can't stick to flip-flops for the 2 weeks! Have a great, safe trip

Regards

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bahia Mar - Self-Service Laundry Facilities?

Lulu....that's funny....We were on a HAL cruise in Jan, had a deluxe suite which included free laundry, they ironed my husband's BVD's......LOL

wow $1.50 for socks, might as well throw them out.....LOL

Have a great cruise!

BTW....I think you should be renamed to LulutooKIND.....that was nice of you to call the hotel. ;-)