We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Hotel Between FL & Miami

UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Hotel Between FL & Miami

I'm looking for a Beach hotel or very close to the beach between Fort Lauderdale & Miami

2xAD 2xCH

Under $150 / £95 per night

Free parking

thanks

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,345 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Hotel Between FL & Miami

For what dates? prices here vary widely by date.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,030 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Hotel Between FL & Miami

I think you may find that most hotels on the beach in the area you are thinking of will charge for parking. We stayed for one night at the Newport Beach Hotel a couple of years ago and it was very nice. I can't remember what we paid for the night but we did pay for parking - not much around $12/15 from memory.

newportbeachsideresortflorida.com/…

Edited: 07 May 2012, 16:12
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,030 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Hotel Between FL & Miami

I notice that you have also posted this question on the Miami Forum, you would probably get a better response on the Miami Beach forum. The Miami forum is really dedicated to downtown Miami.

UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Hotel Between FL & Miami

Ok thanks ,will post there

looking at october 18th-21st

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,345 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Hotel Between FL & Miami

Sunny Isles Beach (between Miami and Ft. lauderdale had come to my mind as well when you dexcribed your family, however, most hotels there are well over $200 and into the $300 range for your dates- Newport which Sue mentioned and is one of the less fancy hotels there, starts at $155 , not including a $15 per night resort fee and not including a parking fee- which I think is mandatory there and at every beach front hotel in this area- and usually $25-35 per night.

The only places that don't charge for parking are "mom and pop " style hotels that are older , small, family owned and a couple of blocks off the beach.

The Lago Mar resort here has free parking and is right on the Ocean, but it is way over your budget otherwise. The only beachfront place with free parking that comes to mind in Ft. Lauderdale is the Sun Tower Suites, which has limited parking but does provide one space per room. Unfortunately , every time I try to visit their site to check rates my computer sends me a malware warning. I can't imagine that their website is dangerous, but for me , getting on it is impossible.

I did find a rate of about $150 at the Bahia Mar Doubletree , across from the beach- but again that does not include mandatory parking( probably about $25/night) . That room is probably in their low rise 'annex " building though, which is not all that desirable.

So, are you willing to stay at a small motel like place a few blocks from the beach, like the Cocobelle , the Birch Patio etc? They would likely be in your budget and let you park for free, but are probably not nearly as fancy as what you may be envisioning. It doesn't help that your travel dates are over a weekend, when beach area hotels here are filled with pre and post cruise customers and tend to have the highest room rates.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,345 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Hotel Between FL & Miami

After a bit of poking around, I'm going to suggest that you look at this place

…bestwestern.com/bestwestern/…

It comes in under your budget even though you do have to pay for parking ($18/night I think but I couldn't find the figure listed ) and it will include free breakfast for all of you, which will more than make up for the parking cost. It is on the Ocean side of the beach road in Ft. Lauderdale though you do have to walk down a short sidewalk to get to the sand. It is located right across the street from a marina and a water taxi stop.

I think the total price for your accomodation ( and breakfast) is more important than how it is divided between room rate and parking charges.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,030 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Hotel Between FL & Miami

I would endorse the Best Western Oceanside. However I was under the impression that the OP wanted somewhere between Fort Lauderdale and Miami not actually in either. Perhaps I'm wrong. Hopefully the OP will repost and clarify.

UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Hotel Between FL & Miami

Thanks for all the help

I was thinking nearer Miami only because we are staying in a villa at Pompano post cruise and this would be pre cruise..but if it nice any where really.

We would be sharing the parking cost as My mum & dad are also coming with us .

She did mention about a Bestwestern ,so this might be the one??

nick

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Hotel Between FL & Miami

The stretch of beach between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale is pretty large that has hundreds of hotels. You should probably pick the location that works best for you and then ask for suggestions of hotels in those areas. They're all close enough together that with a car you can visit other cities if you choose.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,030 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach Hotel Between FL & Miami

This place was recommended to me some time ago. It was too far away from South Beach for my liking.

http://www.vrbo.com/81613

However I suspect that the owner may only accept week long bookings as a minimum, but until you ask you don't know. They have free valet parking.