We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelor Party Esque

Michigan, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Bachelor Party Esque

Not really a bach party, but it will be 6 guys 24-26 years old in Fort Lauderdale in June. We will be staying at the Marriott Towers Friday night, heading down to the keys for a wedding on Saturday, then back up to Fort Lauderdale from Sunday - Wednesday. We don't really want to stay in the Marriott the rest of the week (a bit pricey).

We want to be by the beach / beach bars / hot spots. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good place to stay? I have done some research and the W looks like it would be a good time, but a bit pricey as well. It would be nice if we could get a house that is walking distance to the bars, but options seem limited. Any recommendations on hotels / resorts? Looking to spend $50 a person a night. So rooms around $100 or so ...

Thanks in advance!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelor Party Esque

Sorry but you're not going to get a hotel on or across the street from the beach in Ft. Lauderdale for $100/night. You could go to Priceline and put a bid in but you might have a little walk to the beach and you'd probably have to pay $125/night and up.

Also look into the Gallery One Doubletree. Nice hotel on the Intercoastal and a quick walk to the beach. They have pretty decent rates especially if you pay in advance, is on the water taxi route and next door to the Galleria Mall, which has some nice restaurants and bars such as Blue Martini and Seasons 52. The water taxi will be able to take you to bar/restaurants such as Shooters and 15th Street Fisheries.

Edited: 17 May 2012, 15:17
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,323 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelor Party Esque

The Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn has a promotional rate of $99 night for some midweek dates in June , but of course not all- and that rate includes a substantial free breakfast buffet. It is the only hotel on/near the beach that I would consider at the lower end of price ranges- you'll see some like Sea Club and Tropic Cay that are absolute pigsties- and even though I know some guys can take a little grime I would not recommend them or most others in that price category. Check your specific dates on the Best Western's website as some or all of your dates might fit in to their offer.

I can't think of any alternative lodging in the budget range I could suggest. The Bahia Cabana Days Inn where you may hang out for much of your drinking probably has a low rate, but those rooms are pretty bad- love the bar though!

Michigan, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelor Party Esque

Ok, So looks like we gotta up our budget. Rooms that are $150 are good...What's a good hotel for being our kind of group? Would definitely like to avoid disturbing families and other vacationers even though most of the activities will be on the beach.

Thanks!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,242 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bachelor Party Esque

If you are prepared to push back a bit from the beach, there are some decent Mom and Pops which may offer fairly cheap rates.

5. Re: Bachelor Party Esque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 04:41