We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miramar-Fort Lauderdale

J B
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
429 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Miramar-Fort Lauderdale

Hi,

Please help me find accommodations in Miramar-Fort Lauderdale area.

I've stayed in a couple hotels in Florida on previous trips and I'm very nervous about hotels because I had a few dirty room experiences and a bed bug experience. I don't want to spend a lot of money. But I NEED to have a clean place that's in a safe area and bed bug free.

I prefer something in Miramar, but close to the airport is good too.

Thanks.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miramar-Fort Lauderdale

Look into the Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport. I don't know how far from Miramar it is but it's close to the airport. It has some good rates and it is clean.

Edited: 21 July 2012, 01:45
J B
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
429 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miramar-Fort Lauderdale

Thanks GK95.

Is that walking distance to any shopping?

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miramar-Fort Lauderdale

Not walking distance. It's located just west of I-95. Just east of I-95 is a huge outdoor mall called Oakwood Plaza that you could drive or cab to. Has a TGI Fridays, Miller's Ale House, movie theater, Dave & Busters, KMart, Home Depot, Marshalls, Barnes & Noble, and a bunch of other shops and restaurants.

J B
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
429 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miramar-Fort Lauderdale

Great! Thank you.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,830 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Miramar-Fort Lauderdale

There are a few nice properties in Miramar but I want to be sure you know that they are far west, actually bordering on I-75. Is there a particular reason you mention Miramar?

Anyway, there's a Hilton Garden Inn, 954-438-7700; a Wingate Inn 954-441-0122 and another one that escapes me. If I remember it, I'll post back. Both of the above hotels are fairly new and well kept.

6. Re: Miramar-Fort Lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2013, 10:15