We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pre cruise hotel. Which one of these three is best?

bateau bay
Level Contributor
67 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
pre cruise hotel. Which one of these three is best?

Ariving in Fort Lauderdale on 5th Oct for a crusie departing 6th oct. Have considered many hotels but get conflicting vibes. Narrowed it down to Embassy suites, Hilton Marina, Hyatt Pier 66.

Which is closest to cruise, which is best value, and as we arrive at lunchtime which one is close to thngsto do in the afternoon

Only my husband and I and moderate budget?

We like clean rooms, with views.

Thanks in advance,

1. Re: pre cruise hotel. Which one of these three is best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2012, 23:55
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,213 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pre cruise hotel. Which one of these three is best?

Persanally I'd go for either the Embassy Suites, free Breakfast and I think a cocktain in the evening or the Holiday Inn Express which I understand has a breakast included but no pool (you would have to check the web site). Most of the hotels on State Road 84 are dumps and I wouldn't recommend them. Across the street and behind the Embassy Suites and Holiday in there are a variety of restaurants, I would say something to suit everyone. My favourite is Southport Raw bar, which is on Cordova, Bimini Boatyard is very popular too.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pre cruise hotel. Which one of these three is best?

It's pretty much apples vs oranges between the three you mention- Hilton has the nicest pool, Embassy the free breakfast , Hyatt is nice as well good rooms and nice service and a nice marina area along the canal and some rooms at each place have view of the Port -All that nonsense about free shuttles in the 'hotel manager" post is baloney as you can easily share a taxi into the Port from any of the three hotels you mention for about $10 total, not per person, and never use a hotel sponsoresd shuttle at all- and a taxi will be much more convenient and comfortable as it will go directly to your ship without offloading others- no reason to go out to the shabby hotels on the Marina Mile.

4. Re: pre cruise hotel. Which one of these three is best?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 August 2012, 21:05
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
335 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pre cruise hotel. Which one of these three is best?

Always take the advice of Lultoo & Suewick they have nothing to gain,just want to help you enjoy your vacation:)

Reader

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,165 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pre cruise hotel. Which one of these three is best?

Thank you! I am confident the wise readers of this Forum have figured out who is giving them sensible advice and what the motives of other posters might be. Readers here should not be subjected to these purposeless rants.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
17,260 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pre cruise hotel. Which one of these three is best?

It would seem to me that Izzy, being the manager of a Fort Lauderdale cruise port hotel may have a conflict of interest regarding others' opinions.

8. Re: pre cruise hotel. Which one of these three is best?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 August 2012, 21:05
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,893 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pre cruise hotel. Which one of these three is best?

The other thing is that Izzy assumes we have not seen his property or the other properties he speaks of. Izzy...you should NEVER assume. Why do you think we're so confident of our posts? You know what assume means, right?

There are a few hotels on State Road 84 that aren't horrific, but the area around them offers nothing, IMO, State Road 84 is just not the best/safest overall and i cant see a reason to stay there. 17th street is a good bet as are most of the hotels along the beach.

As well, if you're on the beach or 17th street, you won't need a car unless you intend to go to Sawgrass Mills Mall or the Everglades. Use the water taxi and the trolley.

Edited: 11 August 2012, 04:25
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,436 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pre cruise hotel. Which one of these three is best?

Ft Lauderdale isn't my home area. So, let me see.

do I want a hotel on State rd 84 in an area seen to be not as nice and safe as others? Just to save a few bucks?

Or do I want a hotel in an area I like, at a price I can afford, recommended by someone who gets nothing out of it?

Izzy is right, he didn't mention his hotel by name (this time at least), but he does recommend his area when others don't. I wonder why?

Last time I was in Ft L, I used the embasssy suites myself.

And Izzy, change your signature (ie manager of X) and leave off trying to steer business your way. I am on holiday and I really don't want to be bothered reporting you again.