We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lago Mar balcony question

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
562 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Lago Mar balcony question

Does anyone know if the balcony in the one-bedroom suites is accessed via the living room or bedroom? Thanks!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,836 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lago Mar balcony question

We have two real experts on Lago Mar , Harry and JD- and one should spot your post and respond. They have stayed there countless times. Actually, a concierge from Lago Mar used to pop on from time to time to answer questions too. Haven't seen a post from him lately, but could happen.

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lago Mar balcony question

In the Executive 1 bedroom suites the balcony covers both the living room and bedroom, at least the ones in the South building. There are more than one type of 1 bedroom suites and I'm not sure that all have this feature. Maybe a quick call to Lago Mar would be the best way to be sure.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,836 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lago Mar balcony question

One thing about Lago Mar is that it is not a "cookie cutter" resort in which all the rooms are similar. I know Harry has his favorite that meets his needs- but as he has said , it might be helpful for you to call. Unlike many reservation phone banks those for Lago Mar seem to have well trained folks familiar with each type of room and well able to answer questions and help folks choose.

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lago Mar balcony question

Only the 1 BR suites in the South Bldg have a balcony that is accessed by both the living room and bedroom. The 1 BR suites in the middle and North building have a different layout, and the balcony is accessed by the living room only.

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lago Mar balcony question

Part of what we like about Lago Mar is the fact that the rooms are different in some aspects. But as you say we do have our favorite of the Executive Suites.

JD3 has more experience with the other type rooms since we have almost always chosen the same type. Even the rooms in the South building vary slightly from each other depending on what floor you are on.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
562 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lago Mar balcony question

Thanks all! Just trying to figure out if we can put baby to bed in one of the rooms and hang out in the other one, while maintaining access to bathroom, balcony, and bar. (The 3 "b"s of traveling parents with young babies.)

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lago Mar balcony question

It seems like the Executive Suites would fit your needs the best. The balcony, bathroom and kitchenette are accessible from either end of the balcony. It is possible to enter the bathroom from either the living room area or the bedroom so you basically can make a complete circle in the room. Be sure to post a trip report after your trip so we can see how you make out.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
562 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lago Mar balcony question

Oooh. That does sound good. I reserved a poolside suite. Executive may overlook condos and not-so-nice areas, I understand?

Orange, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lago Mar balcony question

The Executive in the South building either overlook the pool or some what of the grounds/pool area of a two story condo unit. It really isn't that bad of a view and most of the rooms will also have an angled view of the beach area, especially if you are on the upper floors. We have had both and actually like either one. The non-pool side has the advantage of being quieter over-all from outside noises. I'm sure you'll do just fine with either room type. I'll try to insert a link to a picture that will allow you to see just what you would overlook at the condo units. Looking at the picture they will be on the left.

…expedia.com/hotels/…21812_25_b.jpg

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lago Mar balcony question

So the poolside suite you reserved would be in the North building. These rooms have outside entry. When you enter, there will be the bedroom on the left or right, and then a hallway leading to the living room/kitchen area. The bathroom is off the hallway, and can be accessed from the bedroom as well. Some of the rooms have 1-1/2 bathrooms.The balcony is off of the living room.

The executive suites Harry is speaking of in the South building have inside access to the rooms. We have only had a bad room once in this building, and that was when it overlooked the employee break area( this was a room facing that condo, but most of the rooms are further towards the ocean, so have a partial ocean view.) they did move us when we requested it. I do prefer the rooms overlooking the pool area though. We usually stay in the South building and request this view, but of course you may not get it. Executive suites are also in the middle building, and again I have always had a pool view on request, but it is possible to get a parking lot view as well. The only way to guarantee a pool view is to get the room you did.