We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestions please

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
413 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestions please

We are flying in for the Dolphins home opener on the weekend. We are staying at the Hilton Marina, and are hoping to take the water taxi to dinner. Any suggestions for a mid-range restaurant? I've checked out 15th St. Fisheries, but would love a few more ideas.

Thanks!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,960 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suggestions please

Personally I would take the water taxi to Las Olas Boulevard where there are loads of mid priced and high end restaurants. I like Mangos but there are plenty of places to choose from. Hope this link helps.

http://www.lasolasboulevard.com/

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,960 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant suggestions please

You could also consider Casablanca Cafe which is across the street from the beach.

www.casablancacafeonline.com

There are also some good restaurants at the Galleria Mall, you would have to get the water taxi outbound and get off at the Doubetree Gallery One stop. Th Mall is about a 5/10 minute walk east, there you will find Trulucks, Capitol Grill, P F Changs, an across the street Texas de Brazil.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
258 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant suggestions please

If you take suewicks advice....and you should! Go to sunny.org and get a two for one coupon for the water taxi.

Reader

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,960 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant suggestions please

I had forgotten that the 2 for 1 offers were valid until the end of September. You will need to print out coupons before you head out.

http://www.sunny.org/supersummer/

There is loads of good information on this web site relating to restaurants and activities. Also some restaurants along the water taxi route offer a discount or some sort of freebie if you show you water taxi tickets. Another good choice along the water taxi route is the Chart House. At the same stop is Shooters good for a drink but forget the food IMO, it's OK and that's about all I can say about it.

Florida
Level Contributor
190 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant suggestions please

You may want to consider Coconuts (www.coconutsfortlauderdale.com/photos.htm) which has outdoor seating with a great view of the water and yachts. Atmosphere is casual, food is good, and prices are reasonable.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant suggestions please

Coconuts is very hit or miss and I'm not sure it would be towards the top of my list. The list of restaurants particpating in dine out can be found at www.sunny.org/dineout. My favs from the list are (in no particular order) Via Luna, Truluck's, 3030 Ocean, Steak 954, SAIA, Morton's The Steakhouse, Johnny V, Indigo, ilios, Grille 66, The Capital Grill, China Grill, East End Brasserie.

3030 Ocean (at Harbor Beach Marriott) is one of my all time favorites but all of the restaurants I listed above are great and you can use the water taxi to get to a lot of them. Happy culinary feasting!!

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant suggestions please

You'll get a lot of different opinions about the food choices : ) 15th Street Fisheries is really good and the view is great. Casablanca Cafe is the same: great view and food. I like Shooters for what it is - decent bar food with cold drinks and a good view. The lobster mac and cheese there is yummy. I'm personally not a fan of Mangos or Coconuts because I've never tasted anything special at either place and I don't find them to have special atmosphere. On Las Olas Blvd I like Roccos Tacos (although the staff is eh) and Luigi's Pizza. And at the Galleria Mall my favorite is Season's 52 which has a seasonably inspired menu.

No matter what you choose there is a wide variety of restaurant choices in the area and you'll find something to suit your tastes. Enjoy!

Edited: 12 September 2012, 02:05
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
559 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant suggestions please

Are 15th Street Fisheries and Casablanca toddler-friendly? I'm loving the happy hour specials listed at 15th.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,874 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant suggestions please

!5th St would be in the downstairs Pub( which I believe is wher happy hour is) - I'm thinking not so much the upstairs of 15th ST or Casablanca , which I think of as romantic and date night. There are outside patio tables at Casablanca , but I personally can't remember seeing a small child there.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant suggestions please

I have a 4 year old and I wouldn't take her to Casablanca Cafe. It's an intimate setting and close seating. I would take her to 15th Street Fisheries to the section that is downstairs and outside. They have plexiglass opening in the dock and you can see the fish swimming underneith. You can also feed the fish with fish food they sell so the toddler would really enjoy it.

Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale