We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fox, Dollar, E-Z car rentals

Level Contributor
506 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fox, Dollar, E-Z car rentals

Are all these rental agencies off airport property (shuttle required)? How do people afford any other rental car when the other rentals are twice as much (or does this only occur during peak travel dates?)?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,620 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fox, Dollar, E-Z car rentals

E-Z and Dollar are on site at FLL- Fox is not, requires a shuttle and is a new player in our area and not getting very good initial reports. I have seen their office a few blocks north of FLL. Both Fox and E-Z have many reports locally of trying to upsell various additions to the low rate they initially quote you. and some find their agents very overbearing and not very honest in many cases.

Mentioned in this post
Ft. Lauderdale Intl Airport
Ft. Lauderdale Intl...
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,304 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fox, Dollar, E-Z car rentals

Dollar has an off site office shared with Thrifty on Miami Road. We were changing cards there and heard the agent telling someone that there was a charge for returning the car to the ariport which was the equivalent of the taxi fare. I think he said $10 but this a couple of years ago. The implication being that you have to get a taxi to and from the airport to pick up a car there.

Mentioned in this post
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,304 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fox, Dollar, E-Z car rentals

Sixt have a shuttle to their off site office.

Level Contributor
506 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fox, Dollar, E-Z car rentals

So Dollar has both an on-site and off-site location???

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,304 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fox, Dollar, E-Z car rentals

Yes

www.dollar.com/Locations/GEN/Map.aspx…

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fox, Dollar, E-Z car rentals

search on this site for comments on each of the car rental companies that you mention and also SIXT and Advantage car rental. You don't want to have a vacation ruined because of a bad experience with rental cars. i just used Alamo and it was great. I would say that out of all of our trips to Florida, the only bad experiences I have had 9 and there have been several) were due to car rental agencies and their rental agents.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Level Contributor
506 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fox, Dollar, E-Z car rentals

Sounds good! I welcome more feedback!

8. Re: Fox, Dollar, E-Z car rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 10:17