We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Car Rentals

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Budget Car Rentals

Has anyone rented from Budget lately? How was the service? How far is the rental facility from the airport?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,135 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Car Rentals

Budget has both an on airport and an off airport location here. The on airport location is in the airport's joint rental car center and the other location is a small storefront location on 17th St at the Quay Shops across from the Port entrance about 4 miles from the Airport. I am sure it has shorter hours than the Airport location but generally has lower rates. Ther may be other small locations in the area perhaps in hotels lobbies somewhere , but those are the two I know of.

Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Car Rentals

Thanks lulutoo. I didn't realize they had 2 sites. When I checked prices, the location indicated the airport but then the final page indicated a shuttle ride off site. A bit confusing if you ask me.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,135 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Car Rentals

I know the Budget office on 17th St has a shuttle from/to the Port as they are just outside its gates. I am not aware that they have any other shuttle. Depending on which terminal l you come in at at FLL, you may have to ride a short free shuttle bus that circles the baggage claim areas. You can easily walk over a walkway from Terminal 1 to the Joint Car Rental site at the airport , but the walk from Terminals 2. 3 and 4 is slightly far so a free shuttle is provided.

Those are the only shuttles involving Budget I know of- maybe someone has used them recently and knows more. I am pretty certain if you want to use the small office at the Quay that you have to take a taxi from FLL- probably about a $15 ride. There is often enough of a difference in price from the Airport to make the fare worth it- rates are generally higher for on Airport rentals.

4. Re: Budget Car Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 02:16