We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf vacation

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Golf vacation

Where would you recommend 4 guys stay and be able to golf for 5 days in Fort Lauderdale area. We are willing to drive a bit to get to a decent hotel and some good golfing!

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf vacation

I asked my husband who golfs a lot and he had a few suggestions:

-Cypress Course at Palm Aire in Pompano Beach. He said they just did a million $ renovation over there and it's really good. It's also hard to get onto because everyone wants to play it right now. I personally find the Palm Aire golf facility a little dumpy but he said the course is worth it if you don't care about the clubhouse.

-Carolina Club in Margate. He said its good and you won't have a problem with crowds because there aren't a lot of Canadians playing there (we're in season right now).

-The newly redesigned course at the Pompano Beach municipal course. It doesn't reopen until early January. Greg Norman designed it.

You can stay in Ft. Lauderdale and easily get to any of those courses in 30-45 minutes depending on the traffic.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,876 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf vacation

I agree with those picks- my golfer John plays them all- Pompano Municipal is the one of those three on the side of town close to the beach- you could stay anywhere on the north end of Ft. Lauderdale Beach and be only a short drive- and I drove by it today and it does look terrific-the other two are quite a bit further west.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf vacation

Thanks for the input..I will put the courses on the list and try to make reservations before we go in Feb.

4. Re: Golf vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2014, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Fort Lauderdale