We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbor Beach Marriott/Guys weekend?

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
269 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Harbor Beach Marriott/Guys weekend?

Is this resort good for a guys fantasy baseball auction weekend? They want to sit by the pool, drink and smoke cigars. They're starting to get the sense this hotel is more family/kids friendly? Is that true?

If so, any good suggestions for 15 guys (30's-40's) who want resort relaxing place but a place where they can booze and cigar it up.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,977 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harbor Beach Marriott/Guys weekend?

The W maybe? Harbor Beach is multifaceted hotel, often hosting business meetings, but I can't picture a flock of guys boozing and smoking cigars poolside there- it just doesn't fit the ambiance I'd say.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
269 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harbor Beach Marriott/Guys weekend?

hmm...maybe a beach house rental would be better for them? Any suggestions for that?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,977 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harbor Beach Marriott/Guys weekend?

There really are no houses for rent along the beach to speak of - the beach is city owned and across from it are mainly condos and hotels. It would be rare to find a single family home in that area. If one was advertised I'd be very suspicious that it was a scam.

Most rentals I have seen for single family homes advertised as near the beach here , are in reality quite a distance away.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harbor Beach Marriott/Guys weekend?

They might want to check into Miami Beach - sounds a little bit more of what they might be looking for.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,977 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harbor Beach Marriott/Guys weekend?

The best thought I can come up with is arental townhome/villa in Lauderdale by the Sea- they are usually about 2-3 blocks west of the beach there but very walkable and sometimes built around a pool. Still I doubt that any would accomodate 15 people and the rental agreement likely would specify a max occupancy lower than that.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,977 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harbor Beach Marriott/Guys weekend?

Here's one example ( though I cannot tell you anything about this property and if it is legit.).. might also be an idea to rent two adjoining smaller townhomes that each sleep 8..

ofetn there is more than one for rent in the same strip

http://www.vrbo.com/323299ha

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,977 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harbor Beach Marriott/Guys weekend?

Also need to mention that many landlords would not be willing to rent just for a "weekend" too much cleaning up to do for a comparatively small rent income-but that might epend on the time of year.

Weirton, WV
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harbor Beach Marriott/Guys weekend?

Bahia Mar might be a good spot for you

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harbor Beach Marriott/Guys weekend?

I vote for the W - sounds like a great choice for you. Much more of your style than Harbor Beach.....although, I think Harbor Beach has got a better pool and the beach is private so you can drink alcohol out on the beach (you cannot on the city-owned beach).

10. Re: Harbor Beach Marriott/Guys weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 06:16