We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive or moderate restaurant recommendations?

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Inexpensive or moderate restaurant recommendations?

Will be in Ft. Lauderdale in mid-March for 4 days. Any suggestions for inexpensive or moderately priced restaurants? Transportation not an issue as we'll have a rental care. Many thanks!

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive or moderate restaurant recommendations?

We love Greek Islands Taverna. Very casual with great food. I did a review on this last winter, I believe.

If you go, the lamb chops are incredible as is the tirokafteri dip with pita.

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive or moderate restaurant recommendations?

Dunno why I stopped there !

We also love Lesters Diner for breakfast, very easy drive and it's near 17th Street causeway. Panera Bread near the causeway is good for bk or lunch.

If you go out to the fishing Hall of Fame, the restaurant next to it is good(not great) for lunch.........Islamorada Fish Co., right next to Bass Pro Shops. There is also a Granpas Diner in that area that was reviewed on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives - we've never been but it gets a lot of press!

This year we went to the Mexican Restarant in the Sheraton and it is surprisingly good and not too expensive.........Dos Caminos.

For lunch we often got salads or sandwiches from the grocery store in the 17th Street shopping area behind Embassy Suites - can't remember if it's a Winn Dixie ( Lulu help!! ) or what but it's the only grocery store in that plaza.

Lulu will know the name as she is one of the very best contributor for this city!!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive or moderate restaurant recommendations?

Sukhothai Restaurant on Sunrise Blvd is good. BurgerFi across from the Galleria Mall is also good.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,323 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexpensive or moderate restaurant recommendations?

It's a Publix grocery - but also lots of good little restaurants in that Plaza ( Harbor Shops)

Joe's Diner near the Publix has blackboard specials , Gilbert's ( hamburgers and more) and there's also Duffy's a sportsbar right behind the Embassy Suites as you enter the plaza usually has $9.99 specials = go to their website and the one for Quarterdeck( up Cordova Rd north of the Embassy Suites )and get on their mailing lists- they send out specials. Also Southport Raw Bar a local's favorite has a coupon ( 20% off if I recall) on their website- one of the most cluttered websites I have seen - but hopefully you can spot it along with their specials,( it's an adventure to even find the menu among all the other junk on that webpage).

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,323 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inexpensive or moderate restaurant recommendations?

https://www.duffysmvp.com/

There is a rib special on Thursdays , Fish Fry on Fridays etc

Also I love Cuban restaurants and Cafe Tipico at Federal and Sunrise ( in the Gateway Shops) is a Mexican/Cuban place where many dishes are about $10 or less- and really tasty.

We also head to the Truluck's at Galleria for their Happy Hour every day and make dinner of sliders, calamari and their wonderful crab dip - all half price. in the bar Blue Martini at Galleria has half price drinks and appys too.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,323 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inexpensive or moderate restaurant recommendations?

Where is your hotel? No need to travel far unless you choose to I'm thinking- there are bargains all over town.

7. Re: Inexpensive or moderate restaurant recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 06:15