We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel in June

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
pittsburgh, pa
Level Contributor
115 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for hotel in June

I'm looking for a hotel June 17th for 4 nights.. It must have a balcony and at least a fridge and coffee maker in room. Myself, my husband and 7 year old daughter will be travelling there for the first time. I've been leaning towards Sun Towers and Suites. But wanted to see if other good suggestions out there. We usually spend day on beach and at pool then go out in evenings for dinner and some shopping.

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for hotel in June

Sure there are other good choices, it just depends on your budget.

Lago Mar would be my first choice. Private beach, great pools and grounds.

Hilton Beach and Marriott Harbor Beach are my 2nd choices. Marriott has smaller rooms but a nice pool and private beach, and Hilton has 1 BR suites and is across the street from the beach.

Sun Tower is fine as well, just in a different class. Think 3* instead of 4-5*. To me it's the best of what I consider the budget hotels.

Edited: 28 February 2013, 11:31
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,865 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for hotel in June

Are you going to have acar or be relying on walking and public transpport?

pittsburgh, pa
Level Contributor
115 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for hotel in June

We will have a car. Looking to spend 100-150 a night.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,865 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for hotel in June

I think Sun Tower would work then- it is a cute friendly place and the only down side is that it is not walking distance to anything else really except the Pelican Beach next door- but as long as you have a car it will work fine and be a good choice, the little on site restaurant will be fine for some meals, but with a car you can branch out.

Do look into it promptly- it is a popular little spot and small- so it tends to book up.

pittsburgh, pa
Level Contributor
115 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for hotel in June

I booked the Sun Tower Suites.. excited to visit in June!

6. Re: Looking for hotel in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2014, 05:17