We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young adults in Fort Lauderdale

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hartford...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Young adults in Fort Lauderdale

Hey everybody

There are a few of us, ranging from 22-25 years old, considering a trip to Fort Lauderdale. I have visited but never stayed here before. I do not really know much about where to stay. I've checked out the forums but I'm hoping you all can stare me in the right direction. We like to have fun but do not get rowdy. We don't have to be directly on the beach but prefer to at least have beach view. Also, we would like to be in walking distance of some restaurants and bars.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
121 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Young adults in Fort Lauderdale

I hear that the W Hotel is the hippest. Very nice property; great restaurant (Steak954) and pool. It's well located across from the beach.

Don't forget to cab it (2 miles) to YOLO, etc., in the downtown on Las Olas Blvd. You will be in target demographic although "everyone" goes for food and drink. Lively, more upscale (for Ft L anyway) young bar crowd than say Himmarshee or the beach. But try them, too!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
495 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Young adults in Fort Lauderdale

chesterb2000 makes a good recommendation. I would have made the same for your group. Also consider Marriott Beach Place, Courtyard Marriott, B Ocean, or the Westin. All offer bars and restaurants within walking distance.

A visit to Las Olas Blvd is a must for your group. A taxi may be cheaper but you can also use the water taxi to pub crawl your way around Ft Lauderdale.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Young adults in Fort Lauderdale

Also look into Gallery One Hotel. It's on the Intercoastal and you can walk to the Galleria Mall which has a bunch of restaurants and Blue Martini. You'll have to walk to the beach but its not a far walk at all.

Kansas City...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Young adults in Fort Lauderdale

We stay around Hollywood Beach, right next to FLL. They have the Hollywood boardwalk, filled with restaurants, shops and bike rentals right on the beach. They also have live venue concerts on the weekend free.

5. Re: Young adults in Fort Lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 05:17