We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local produce

Rochester, New York
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Local produce

My husband and I will be vacationing for 2 weeks in the Ft. Lauderdale/Coral Springs area and are wondering if there are any local farm/produce markets near by? Thanks for your help

Pudgirae

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
121 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local produce

There are various farmers' markets around.

One in Ft. Lauderdale on Sundays just relocated to the New River near Andrews Avenue and there's one in Wilton Manors near Wilton Drive on Saturdays.

Don't know about Coral Springs. It would be a trip to the two I mentioned but maybe that's because I hate to drive. :)

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,651 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local produce

Pompano Beach has green market on Atlantic at Dixie on Sat am till about 1 - but I have to check and see if they stop it during low season.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,651 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local produce

Hmm- closes April 27 till October- hope you're coming in time

http://www.pompanohistory.com/phc/market/

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,085 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local produce

There used to be one on Hollywood Beach broadwalk on Sundays, not sure if it was every Sunday. I can't find any info on it, but perhaps someone will know about it.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,879 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local produce

There's the Yellow/Green Market just off of Taft Street/I-95 in Hollywood as well. It's open year-round but a far drive from Coral Springs.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Local produce

Pompano Beach's Green Market is your closest bet. Take Atlantic Blvd east to Dixie Hwy. - it's next to the Pompano City Hall. They have a different theme every week and get from 25-40 vendors that sell produce, local crafts and ready to eat food. If you'll be here in mid-April they'll still be there. Their last market is April 27 until October, 2013.

7. Re: Local produce

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 05:17