We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports car hire in ft lauderdale area?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Sports car hire in ft lauderdale area?

Hi guys,

I will be visiting Florida for a week in July, and I would like to hire an exotic car for the day to go for a cruise to Miami and surrounds. Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,899 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports car hire in ft lauderdale area?

Avis and Hertz for sure have sports cars (mostly like Mustangs - convertibles and otherwise) so I would check out their websites. www.avis.com and www. hertz.com

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports car hire in ft lauderdale area?

Hi Abbys,

Thanks for the reply, although I was looking for exotic cars like Ferrari's etc

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,282 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports car hire in ft lauderdale area?

www.xoticdreamcars.com/exotic-luxury-cars/

I got this by googling Ferrari Rentals, Fort Lauderdale, so I assume you have already checked it out. I have no idea how good or bad they are.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Hollywood, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports car hire in ft lauderdale area?

I know Avis does have sports cars ranging from BMW to Corvettes, MiniCoopers and others, but if you want to save the Airport concession fee which is about 11%, you can reserve the same car for Avis of Hollywood which is about 5 to 6 miles away and if you call them ahead of time they will pick you up from the airport. Their number is (954) 986-6647.

Mentioned in this post
Hollywood
Hollywood
Broward County, FL
Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports car hire in ft lauderdale area?

i was talking to a representative from an exotic car retnal company at he airport while waiting for my car. I just can't remember the name but it was in the area where there are small rental companies, not hertz, Alamo,enterp[rise,etc. I asked him what they rented and he told me Ferraris, BMW, Benz,etc. he gave me a price sheet and i realized that his car rentals for one day cost more than our whole trip. He told me a lot of athletes and entertainers use their company. I bet very few retired teachers do.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,579 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sports car hire in ft lauderdale area?

The insurance charges added to the rate for those "toys" are often unbelievable too- and if there is not a mandatory insurance added to the rental , perhaps the prospective renter should really wonder if the company carries insurance at all should there be an accident involving injury or property damage.

Oh well, I guess we retired teachers would just have to find a friend who has a corvette or something....

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sports car hire in ft lauderdale area?

hey, i have a corvette.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,579 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sports car hire in ft lauderdale area?

Really? No kidding?? What a guy!!

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sports car hire in ft lauderdale area?

yes, and with 3-5 inches of snow onthe way it will stay right where it has been since October

Ft. Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
386 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sports car hire in ft lauderdale area?

I know that the Hertz Office on Sunrise Blvd has Ferrari, Lamborgini,BMW's and so forth.

Mentioned in this post
Sunrise
Sunrise
Broward County, FL