We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at the W for a weekend, Could use some ideas !

connecticut
Level Contributor
61 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at the W for a weekend, Could use some ideas !

My husband and I just booked a weekend Fri May 3- Mon May 6. We have been to Miami many times but I have only been to Fort Lauderdale once 2 years ago with my daughter for Spring Break. I booked through Spirit Air vacations and picked the W hotel ? ( Anything I should know about the hotel? ) My husband and I like to walk in the morning, grab breakfast ( love local breakfast places if you have any suggestions ) hang by the pool and beach during the day and venture out around 5 for cocktails and dinner ( happy hour at one place then dinner later ). Any ideas as to where to go ? We don't mind walking, I have heard great things about Las Olas. ??

Thank you

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,240 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at the W for a weekend, Could use some ideas !

The busy part of Las Olas is not really walkable from the W, a taxi wouldn't cost much. There are soooooooo many restaurants there to choose from.

http://www.lasolasboulevard.com/

There are nice dining options on the beach too, you take a look at Casablanca Cafe and H2O both are very popular and owned by the same people. The menu at H2O doesn't suit us so I've never eaten there, those who have rate it.

http://www.casablancacafeonline.com/

http://www.h2ocafe.net/

I can't think at moment which breakfast places are close to the W, if anywhere comes to mind I'll repost.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
495 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at the W for a weekend, Could use some ideas !

In your vicinty is 2 of my favorites H2O and Casablanca. The Deck is good for a simple breakfast. H2O is great for breakfast if you want to kick it up a bit.

Happy Hour is the one and only Elbo Room. On Las Olas, I like YOLO and Big City.

Others will be here shortly with many more suggestions.

Enjoy.

connecticut
Level Contributor
61 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at the W for a weekend, Could use some ideas !

Thank you so much for the suggestions, I will definitely take your advice.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at the W for a weekend, Could use some ideas !

For breakfast check out Old Fort Lauderdale Breakast House and The Floridian. For dinner look at Royal Pig Pub and if you like cheese visit Cheese Culture. All of these, except Old Ft. Lauderdale Breakfast are on Las Olas. Enjoy!

Edited: 14 April 2013, 19:01
upstate NY
Level Contributor
29 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at the W for a weekend, Could use some ideas !

Steak 954 is superb at the W for dinner. Breakfast at the Ritz Carlton, Casablanca is touristy and crowded. Try Canyon or Truluck.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at the W for a weekend, Could use some ideas !

How does a private shuttle with car seat cost from FLL to Hollywood? I am trying to decide if i should bring the car seat along or get a shuttle with car seat...any help/insight would be great

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
102 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at the W for a weekend, Could use some ideas !

I just returned from Fort Lauderdale and we had a fabulous meal at Big City Tavern on Las Olas. Great atmosphere and so many other places to grab a drink nearby beforehand in case you need to wait for a table! We had a 35 min wait or so for a table for 2 on Sat. night around 8pm.

If you're into craft beers at all, American Social had some great beers and some fun specialty cocktails too! I received both of these recommendations from another TA traveler and there were fabulous suggestions!

Enjoy!

8. Re: Staying at the W for a weekend, Could use some ideas !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 07:19