We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding anniversary ideas??

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding anniversary ideas??

Visiting for first time weekend of the 27th and will be celebrating our anniversary. Looking for advice on everything but a hotel...restaurants? To-do? ...first trip without the kids!

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding anniversary ideas??

Restaurant suggestions: Trulucks, Casablanca Cafe, Steak 954, Shulas, 3030 Ocean, Seasons 52, Ruth's Chris. All higher end and great for an anniversary celebration. There are also lots of restaurants along Las Olas Blvd that are nice to eat at. You can find out Las Olas info at www.lasolasboulevard.com.

There are also museums, historic houses and tours to do along with just vegging at the beach. If you want specific types of restaurants or things to do let us know along with the dates you'll be here in case there's anything special going on. There are some good people on the board who will give you lots of info to choose from.

Ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding anniversary ideas??

A little over two weeks...April 26th - 26th! Thank you, GK95!

Ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding anniversary ideas??

We love country concerts (live music, in general), so I was so disappointed to learn that we'd miss Tortuga by one week! ...that would have been perfect.

maine
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding anniversary ideas??

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Casablanca and it was perfect. The food was outstanding and the view perfect despite the fact that the road was in between us and the beautiful blue ocean. We had a cozy little table on the left and up a few steps after you enter. Service was good and atmosphere just right. We stay in LBTS so don't have any more recommendations for Ft Lauderdale. Sea Watch in LBTS is also very good for a special event.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding anniversary ideas??

Casablanca is very much a favorite for romantic special occasion dining. One tip is that they take no reservations, so when you arrive , tell the hostess you would like an ocean view table for a special occasion . If she says there is not one at the moment, tell her you'll wait at the piano bar till there is. It generally doesn't take long for them to come get you and there are definitely some tables whose position and views are better suited.

I like Grille 66 at Pier 66 as well- great steaks and again , if you call ahead and tell them it is an anniversary , I'd be surprised if you didn't get some special attention.

6. Re: Wedding anniversary ideas??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 07:17