We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there hypoallergenic hotels in the FT. Lauderdale area?

Milford, Connecticut
3 posts
Save Topic
Are there hypoallergenic hotels in the FT. Lauderdale area?

My wife has an allergenic reaction to frequent products such as Fa-breeze and other heavily fragrant cleaning solutions. We are looking for a hotel that doesn't use these types of products in the rooms, the elevator and the lobby.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there hypoallergenic hotels in the FT. Lauderdale area?

Hyatt Pier 66 and Bonaventure Resort in Weston are listed on one website as being, but I'm a bit skeptical... maybe you might e-mail them and ask for specifics.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,015 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there hypoallergenic hotels in the FT. Lauderdale area?

I suppose you could go for one of the hotels that just doesn't clean. Joking apart I'd be skeptical too. I guess most of us who are not allegic like to walk into a hotel room that smells nice. My cousin who has multiple allergies used to solve the problem by renting an apartment, taking her own linens and cleaning it the minute she walked through the door to minimise any "problems". I hope you achieve what you are looking for.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,800 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there hypoallergenic hotels in the FT. Lauderdale area?

i am the same and I usually try to find a smoke-free hotel- if they don't allow smoking, they usually don't need to mask the ghastly smoke smell.

FL
Level Contributor
184 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there hypoallergenic hotels in the FT. Lauderdale area?

Steer clear of any starwood chain hotels, they all have scents pumped thru the lobbies, some are particularly strong. I have the same problem as your wife. I once stayed at the Ritz Palm beach and they brought in a machine to "clean the air" and left it in my room for my entire stay. You may inquire about that.Otherwise, dont' spend time in the common areas, lobbies

Milford, Connecticut
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there hypoallergenic hotels in the FT. Lauderdale area?

Thanks everyone. After calling close to 30 hotels, we found a Holiday Inn Express that claims it doesn't use any sprays or fragrant cleaners.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there hypoallergenic hotels in the FT. Lauderdale area?

Hope that works for you- is it the location on SE 17th St or the one on 24th St ( aka St. Rd 84)? Those are the only two I can think of Give us some feedback after your trip so we can help anyone else with a future concern.

Milford, Connecticut
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there hypoallergenic hotels in the FT. Lauderdale area?

We arrived and had to cancel. My wife couldn't get past the lobby. We found the Riverside Hotel that worked out for us.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,015 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are there hypoallergenic hotels in the FT. Lauderdale area?

Glad you got fixed up in the end. I hope you had a great vacation.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,800 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are there hypoallergenic hotels in the FT. Lauderdale area?

we also found the Riveside Hotel - stayed there two nights and totally loved it...no problem with allergies, no perfume smell, no smoke. it was great. and in a fabulous location too.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are there hypoallergenic hotels in the FT. Lauderdale area?

I'm glad we have this information to help anyone else who may inquire. I did look at their website and see no mention of it- I wonder if there are any other hotels here that would work as well... interesting...