We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
122 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

If it says 60% chance of rain, is that total washout?! Like all day!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

The only forecast I see for 60% rain is an extended forecast for next Saturday and Sunday ( 5/25 and 26) and for Florida any forecast that far in advance is usually not at all accurate. If you are coming down for that weekend, let's chat about rain chances about 5 days prior when the forecast will be more meaningful.

All day rain is very rare here in general, though it can happen. Sporadic but heavy rain is more typical.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Florida
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

The quick answer is no : ) As Lulu said try not to get too hung up on rain forecasts. Very rarely does it rain all day long here. When it does rain a lot of the time the clouds blow out and it's sunny again.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,528 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

You'll often see some sun on a day with rain in the forecast.

An afternoon shower is not unusual on any given day, even when the forcast percentage is low.

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
122 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Thanks, will be up there Memorial weekend. Cross your fingers!!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,282 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

It will NOT R during Memorial weekend, because I'll be there. Let's make the R and H words illegal when referring to May 24th thru 8th June OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! R may occur during the hours of 1am and 7am but at no other time.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
14,866 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

Thats just too funny

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

One other thing to be aware of is that it tends to "R" more at the west end of town here than east on the beach as the winds tend to blow rain clouds west toward the Everglades.. as my John found out this am when he headed west from our sunny beach to the driving range and encountered heavy downpours of R out there and had to come home . So numbers and percent chances don't tell the entire story.

Objets will soon learn that we can't kid about weather around Sue!!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
14,866 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

It doesnt rain as much on or near the beach due to the reverse magnetic field caused by all those whirling blenders mixing drinks. See, I live out west and it was pouring this morning when I read that...

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather

Objets can be our eye in the sky out west while I will keep weather watch on the beach from my balcony ( while John and I tango as ordered by Sue to repel R ). And ok, we'll keep our blender whirring if that will help!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,282 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather

Objets you mentioned the R word and it's not allowed. Pay attention please!