We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing 7 Day Bus pass

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Curacao
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Purchasing 7 Day Bus pass

We are traveling to Fort Lauderdale this weekend. From what I read on the Broward County Transit, the 7 Day pass would be the most convenient for us.

I am a bit confused as to where to purchase the pass. The website states that you can purchase it online, but does not say when the pass will arrive. Does anybody know if it is possible to purchase the 7 Day pass from a bus driver?

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchasing 7 Day Bus pass

broward.org/BCT/…Locations.aspx

Took me a while to find the answer, hope this link works and helps.

Curacao
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchasing 7 Day Bus pass

I did read that, but it seems that the locations are quite far from the first place we are stopping. Our first stop coming from Miami airport is at Sheridan S/Tri-Rail P&R. Maybe I'm just confused but I could not find a ticket place in walking distance.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,982 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchasing 7 Day Bus pass

I don't know how to say this without appearing to be a complete snob, which I'm not, but these locations are probably designed to suit low income locals rather than tourists. No insult meant to anyone.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,135 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchasing 7 Day Bus pass

Poster CoachBob knows a lot about bus passes- I'll e-mail him and see what he can tell us.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,135 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Purchasing 7 Day Bus pass

It says 7-10 days for delivery , but I can't imagine that is for the Netherlands- or that they would even mail them overseas. Lets see what we can find out about this locally- when are you arriving and where are you staying?

Edited: 06 June 2013, 00:09
Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Purchasing 7 Day Bus pass

Some of the Broward County libraries sell bus passes. I don't know if they're weekly passes; I kind of have a feeling they're monthly ones. I agree with the previous poster about locations. We adopted a family at work for Christmas and they needed a bus pass. I had to head to a check cashing place in Ft. Lauderdale to get it. I'm not often nervous to go places based on appearance but the parking lot of this place was super sketchy. Unfortunately public transportation in South Florida isn't a high priority and they don't make it easy.

Mercer,Wi
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Purchasing 7 Day Bus pass

We did order 7 day bus passes on line directly from Broward county transit and it was a great deal. We took advantage of it the entire week. Since we are in Wisconsin, which is sort of inthe United States, the passes arrived in 2 days. I don't know if you have the time frame to wait, but if not, i would contact Broward countyy and ask if you can either buya weekly pass fromthe bus driver or at which site you can go to in order to purchse the passes. The bus garage is in a very seedy place. The first time I ever saw an armed security guard at a mcdonalds. broward.org is the web site.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,135 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Purchasing 7 Day Bus pass

I see now that the passes are needed fro the weekend, so I guess no time to do it on line. Maybe purchase a 24 hr one from the first bus driver and then let's see where the closest safe place is to get the longer one for the rest of the days- but it would help to know where the poster is staying.. Some of the library branches are one possibility, but I'm going to carefully examine the list- there are a few in the Downtown area and that might be the best bet for a tourist.

Curacao
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Purchasing 7 Day Bus pass

You guys are very helpful. I don't think ordering online is an option anymore. Maybe we do need to buy the one day pass and then go from there. We are staying at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,135 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Purchasing 7 Day Bus pass

So you are actually going to be travelling only as far as Dania Beach/Hollywood on arrival it seems-not as far north s Ft. Lauderdale. and which day are you arriving? I think all Library branches are closed on Sundays.