We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best shopping season at Sawgrass Mills?(summer)

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
5 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
When is the best shopping season at Sawgrass Mills?(summer)

I'm thinking to fly to Miami for summer vacations, but I'm not sure when is the clearance season.

I've read that there is this huge Outlet located at Fort Lauderdale so I'm definitely going there, but I was wondering when are the clothing shops going from Summer to Fall season? Because i'm looking for summer sales... Is it at the begininng of July or August?

Thanks on advance =)

Edited: 06 June 2013, 01:43
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,899 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When is the best shopping season at Sawgrass Mills?(summer)

We don't really have a Fall season ... even the Winter season is relatively mild. The shops probably have their Summer to Winter changeover sometime end of October/November.

I'm not really a clothes shopper.

Edited: 06 June 2013, 02:22
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,124 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is the best shopping season at Sawgrass Mills?(summer)

You'd probably bag a bargain on Black Friday which I think is 29th November this year, but everywhere shopping wise will be mobbed. Sawgrass Mills is not the bargain capital it used to be we went last week and bought stuff we liked but not as much stuff as we have bought in years gone by.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,962 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When is the best shopping season at Sawgrass Mills?(summer)

Most of the regular stores here have their summer clearance right after Fourth of July in my experience. I find that aggravating as it is still so warm here and in September if I go to the shops t find almost no summer stuff left if I need a top or pair of shorts- and woolens are already on display. I don't know if Sawgrass is affected that way as it is an outlet and may have off season stuff all the time. I will admit that I don't go to Sawgrass that often as I find the regular stores like Dillards and Macys have such good double markdown clearance sales ( I got a $24 polo shirt for John for $2 at Kohls last summer) that I don't really rely on Sawgrass for my bargains.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,962 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When is the best shopping season at Sawgrass Mills?(summer)

I was in the mall today and found many clearance sales of 60% off summer stuff- some of course in anticipation of Father's Day , but others on stuff for women(I loaded up on short and shirts and sandals ) . I think retailing is so competitive now that you almost always can find good sales, whenever you want to come.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,851 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is the best shopping season at Sawgrass Mills?(summer)

Kohl's is an excellent suggestion, though there is not a location at the Sawgrass Mall, try Old Navy instead. Shopping SawGrass on Black Friday would be a mistake.

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
890 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When is the best shopping season at Sawgrass Mills?(summer)

I moved to Fort Lauderdale in August some years ago and I do remember great sales in August and September. These were at regular malls, not just the outlet mall. I don't know if the timing of those sales has changed.

7. Re: When is the best shopping season at Sawgrass Mills?(summer)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 05:17