We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Experts Help Needed!

Washington
Level Contributor
534 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Experts Help Needed!

Coming to Ft. Lauderdale for 5 nights. Have been once before and ended up in horrible hotel in the middle of nowhere. We are interested in oceanfront (or within a block or so), nice pool, preferably a pool bar or nearby tiki/beach bar. Convenient access to water taxi, bars and restaurants. We would like to park the car and either walk or take the water taxi. Any thoughts? I looked at B, but it seems pretty far down. Does not have to be a resort and can be older, as long as clean.

Thanks for suggestions.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
121 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Experts Help Needed!

There have been numerous recent posts that would address your issue.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,836 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Experts Help Needed!

I'd suggest an upper priced accommodation at Sheraton Beach- but the lower priced rooms may not be in good shape there ( the ones near the parking garage). Besides the nice beachfront and bar there you are right across Seabreeze from the Bahia Cabana Bar which is also a Water Taxi stop,

I don't think B Ocean is what you are looking for- really lousy pool for one thing.

Edited: 07 June 2013, 14:38
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,106 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Experts Help Needed!

Courtyard Marriott perhaps? The B Ocean is in a nice location for some casual dining and also some nice restaurants at the Galleria Mall, but the pool area is small.

Washington
Level Contributor
534 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Experts Help Needed!

Thanks. I am at a toss up between Courtyard and Sheraton. Like the amenities better at Sheraton, but Courtyard sounds like a nicer property overall.

JD3
Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Experts Help Needed!

For a nice pool, Marriott Harbor Beach or Hilton Beach. Lago Mar is the best in my opinion,but not as close to restaurants, although it is just a short ride and parking is free. If its between Sheraton and Courtyard, I think the pool is nicer at Sheraton.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,836 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Experts Help Needed!

I agree that the Sheraton pool area is much nicer than the Courtyard- a much nicer setting- you do have to be a bit careful about the rooms at Sheraton- try to book Beach Tower, not the Marina rooms.

7. Re: Experts Help Needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 06:16