We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embassy Suites

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Embassy Suites

Just wondering how much is the average cost of a taxi from FLL airport to the hotel and the average cost from the hotel to Port Everglades?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Embassy Suites

About $15 from FLL to Embassy Suites and about $10 from Embassy into the Port. - with one fare shared by all passengers- no extra passenger or extra luggage charges.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Embassy Suites

Great. Thanks for you quick response! What's your overall opinion of this particular hotel for a one night stay before a cruise?

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Embassy Suites

The hotel is very nice and it is convenient to additional restaurants in the area. Besides that, the breakfast in the morning is wonderful! I would definitely stay at the Embassy Suites.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Embassy Suites

Thanks a bunch!!!

Looking forward to my stay :)

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Embassy Suites

Hello dj,

If you are going to stay at Embassy Suites on 17th, go to 15th Street Fisheries for a fun dinner or drinks. Sit outside rather than in the more formal dining room. The idea is to watch the giant tarpon and other fish that hang out near the restaurant. Bright underwater lights illuminate the aquatic scene. The restaurant is just under a mile walk from Embassy Suites.

http://www.15streetfisheries.com/

Enjoy your stay!

Spirit

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Embassy Suites

Wow thanks for the tip..sounds like a good idea!...I looked at their menu and it looks pretty good with reasonable prices..Will definitely check it out and post a review

Springfield...
Level Contributor
193 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Embassy Suites

I know this is an old post but is the walk from Embassy Suites to 15th Street Fisheries an easy one during the day & night? Is it reasonably safe at night? Thanks!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Embassy Suites

I'd say it's little under a mile total - 4 blocks south on Cordova Rd walking along a street of local shops and restaurants ( the Embassy is at 17th and Cordova) to 15th ST- then about another half mile east along 15th ST. ( which is residential- small condos and rental apartments) Maybe 15-20 minutes total..

I would guess it is safe at night though I have never made the walk myself.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
193 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Embassy Suites

Thanks for the quick reply. Any of those restaurants along the way you might recommend ~ we will be there for a couple of days and prefer casual over formal, prefer seafood if possible. Thanks!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Embassy Suites

There is a tiny casual seafood place almost across from your hotel on Cordova called Kelly's Landing. I like the seafood there but it lacks the water views of 15th St - I do have to say I was quite disappointed in !5th St last time I went- both food and service.

Also Southport Raw Bar a very casual locals favorite is just a few doors from Kelly's You'll pass right by both on your way to 15th ST.. !5th St is a whole lot fancier. You might look at the websites for all three.