We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV tours in Ft Lauderdale?

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Topic
ATV tours in Ft Lauderdale?

Hello,

I'm traveling to Ft. Lauderdale in a couple days with my boyfriends family (4 young adults, 2 older adults, 1 grandma, 1 teenager, 1 toddler). Now not everyone wants to ATV but myself and my boyfriend and the other young adults would love to, however I can't seem to find any places on the internet and was wondering if anyone who knows the area might know of a place. We aren't worried about money or time, and we have a rental car so we don't mind traveling some distance, probably no more than an hour away would be best. Also, will take any other must-see/must-do recommendations.

Thanks!

Bridget

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
13,141 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATV tours in Ft Lauderdale?

No ATV rentals/tours that I know of, some idea of your likes/dislikes and a budget would be helpful in getting some good ideas of things to see/do.

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ATV tours in Ft Lauderdale?

Well, I know the group has a big age range but grandma and toddler don't mind staying home and relaxing while the rest of us get adventurous! So to give you an idea, our last vacay together we went snowboarding in Park City Utah and Vail, for summery stuff we have done Zip lining in Costa Rica, kayaking, white water rafting, atv, fishing, definitely love the beach, we like to have a good time so good nightlife options too! We plan on going to Miami for a birthday night out for one of the adults. I am our resident Adventure planning girl so I'm doing some last minute research! Again thanks in advance for any advice! This is my first time posting on here.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATV tours in Ft Lauderdale?

Take an air boat tour of the Everglades. All ages can do that (but the toddler wouldn't get much out of it).

http://www.evergladesholidaypark.com/

Spirit

Edited: 18 June 2013, 20:40
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,141 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATV tours in Ft Lauderdale?

Check Groupon for some deals in and around Ft Lauderdale. If you take the airboat tour be sure to provide hearing protection for the toddler. http://www.skirixenusa.com/ is different but much harder than it looks. A trip to the nps.gov/ever/planyourvisit/anhinga-trail.htm or http://www.sharkvalleytramtours.com/ might be good if you dont mind the heat. Maybe stop bye and check out the http://coralcastle.com/ or www.coralgables.com/index.aspx?page=167

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,141 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATV tours in Ft Lauderdale?

www.watertaxi.com/watertaxi/fort-lauderdale/ is fun if you have the time,

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ATV tours in Ft Lauderdale?

Wow thanks everyone, these are some great ideas! Can't wait.. Any tips on renting a boat ourselves?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,141 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATV tours in Ft Lauderdale?

What would you like to do with a boat ? Cruise the Inter-coastal ? Fish ?

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ATV tours in Ft Lauderdale?

HHmmm. Maybe both if that's plausible. But more realistically probably just cruise around and swim and just enjoy the sights...

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,354 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ATV tours in Ft Lauderdale?

Tropical Sailing has a daytime catamaran cruise that I think stops for swimming and and might be something you could charter just for your bunch They also do a sunset sail which we did and enjoyed. This is such a flat urban area , not rally conducive to ATV riding.- I think there are motocross parks in the Riviera breach/ West Palm area north o9f us , but I think folks bring their own ATV's- I don't know of anywhere where you can rent them, Same might be true of the Homestead area where the racetrack is , about an hour's drive south. The major ATV riding takes place in central and north Florida , many hours north of us probably west of Orlando for the most part.

There are places along the beach that rent wave riders and jet skis.

There is also go fast jet boat ride in Miami at the Bayside complex- I don't know of one up here.

I am sure there are boat rentals at Bahia Mar but between the cost, knowing where to go with it and the equipment needed for fishing, it is probably far better IMO to go with a captained boat trip than strike out on your own , unless someone in your group is quite experienced.

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: ATV tours in Ft Lauderdale?

Great, thanks for your advice!