We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Dinner

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Business Dinner

Could you help recommend a place for a group of 20-25 people for a business dinner on a Wednesday night, the last week of June? We are staying at the Westin on the beach and would like something fairly close, although it doesn't have to be within walking distance. We will be in business casual to casual attire and would be prepared to spend $50 to $80 per person including drinks. A steakhouse would be nice, but it does not have to be. Thank you for your input and advice!

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business Dinner

Don Shula's is within walking distance and is a steakhouse. S3 is at the Hilton. They have a sharing menu.

Edited: 20 June 2013, 02:56
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business Dinner

Casablanca Café has some private function rooms that would accommodate your group- I think Shula's has one as well if I recall. I'm not a big steakhouse fan , so it has been ages since I have been to Shulas. My recollection is that reviews there are quite mixed, but I haven't looked at them in some time.

www.casablancacafeonline.com/comindex.html

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business Dinner

Not sure Shula's would fit your budget as I think the steaks themselves are in the $40 range.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Business Dinner

It looks like the majority of the steak choices at Shula's are $45+ and I believe sides are extra there. They do have a private room, but I don't recall the capacity.

donshula.com/users/Updated_Dinner_Menu.pdf

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,702 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Business Dinner

This place is great, but may be a bit above your budget.

ruthschris.com/Restaurant-Locations/ft-laude…

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,979 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Business Dinner

This might work

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/events

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Business Dinner

S3 has a private room so if you're looking to have that type of atmosphere, I'd look into it. Also, Shula's has two private rooms and I think you can easily fit 20, may be pushing it on the 25, but it is pricey as others have already said. Not too many places on the beach with a private room if that is even a requirement.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Business Dinner

I should have said that S3 is in the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel. Beautiful new restaurant!!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Business Dinner

I'm the one who mentioned the private room thing- the OP didn't seem to be looking for that- but since I often entertain a group of about that number ( did just last week but way off the beach) I have come to feel that for a group that large you really benefit from a private room- especially since you have no idea who will be sitting near you in a public room - and most restaurants have a tendency to string that table for 20 down the center of the restaurant, so you have noise and confusion all around you. A private room for a group that size really helps people converse better.

Ruths Chris is only marginally cheaper than Shula I think ( we usually spend $150 on dinner for 2 there with just one glass of wine each not cocktails, no salad and only one shared side) and it is pretty far off the beach - but if you can travel a bit two upper end Italian places on 17th St might work - Bravo Italian or Bistro Mezzaluna ( which I know has a private room). While not steakhouses they both have steaks on the menu as well as lots of good seafood, veal and pasta choices.

Edited: 20 June 2013, 14:06
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Business Dinner

Thank you for all the suggestions! I hadn't thought about getting a private room, but that is a good idea!