We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when did O hara's jazz bar in Las olas closed down ? and why

London
Level Contributor
173 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
when did O hara's jazz bar in Las olas closed down ? and why

back in the 90's this place was my favorite hang out with its lively atmosphere , and since i am a jazz lover i couldnt say there was a better place for jazz and blues in Ft,Laud. i just read it closed down i was saddened ,, now can anyone tell me why that happend?

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,124 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when did O hara's jazz bar in Las olas closed down ? and why

From this thread it looks like sometime ago. I don't know the details, perhaps a local will chime in with some info.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…14603982

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when did O hara's jazz bar in Las olas closed down ? and why

O'Hara's Jazz Club was just east of the Riverside Hotel, which says it is going to renovate that piece of property (which they own) and join it to the hotel. Hence, about three businesses lost their leases a couple years ago.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,962 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when did O hara's jazz bar in Las olas closed down ? and why

It has been a long time now ( time flies). They opened a place briefly on Hollywood Blvd if I recall and it didn't last long! There is usually good jazz at Blue Jean Blues up on 33rd St in the Galt- but O'Hara's is missed.

Google the BJB website as they have music nightly and will list the groups.-

London
Level Contributor
173 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: when did O hara's jazz bar in Las olas closed down ? and why

suewick, wouldn't it be nicer only to start writing about something if you sure you know the answer?!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,124 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: when did O hara's jazz bar in Las olas closed down ? and why

I did it to bump the post up the board because your question went unanswered for some time and was starting to fall down, sorry for trying to help.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: when did O hara's jazz bar in Las olas closed down ? and why

To Sam1London: Thank you.

That is not the 100th time I've noticed ....

7. Re: when did O hara's jazz bar in Las olas closed down ? and why

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 05:16