We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Dinner with Vegetarian Options

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Dinner with Vegetarian Options

My husband and I will be in Fort Lauderdale for our anniversary, and are looking for a nice spot to have dinner this coming Tuesday to celebrate. Somewhere pretty, non-seafood, mid-range prices, romantic, and with vegetarian options for me (don't have to be extensive, just have to have a few). Does anyone have a suggestion? We are staying at the Atlantic Hotel and will have a car. Thanks in advance!

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Dinner with Vegetarian Options

Finding a restaurant that has a decent vegetarian selection along with non-vegetarian selections isn't easy. I would venture to say that most of them won't be romantic. That said try J. Alexanders ( here's their menu: http://bit.ly/c6osh3). Casablanca Cafe is romantic but you'll only have a few appetizer/salad vegetarian options. The view is beautiful though and so is the food. Also if your husband doesn't mind vegan food Sage is another option.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,830 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Dinner with Vegetarian Options

I really like Sage! I think the food is great although I don't know if I would consider it romantic....

Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
576 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Dinner with Vegetarian Options

Sublime. The food and ambience are amazing. The staff is also very nice. We went for dinner last night and cannot wait to return. Full review will be posted soon.

Happy anniversary!

Florida
Destination Expert
for Palm Harbor
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Dinner with Vegetarian Options

Sublime! That's the vegan place I meant : ) Sage and Sublime are down the street from each other so I sometimes get their names confused.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Dinner with Vegetarian Options

The only thing about Sublime is that it is completely vegetarian , with no meat options , as best I can remember- and as their menu indicates

http://sublimerestaurant.com/pdf/menu.pdf

It seems to me you are hoping for some meat options for your other half...

I have found that all our good restaurants are accustomed to having vegetarian options by request even if they are not on the menu

Casablanca Café , for example serves cous cous, rice or pasta with many dishes and I am certain they can come up with veggie entrees based on those items. The request for vegetarian choices is common here and all our better restaurants are prepared for it.

Sublime is lovely, but just be certain the all veggie selection is ok with you.

6. Re: Romantic Dinner with Vegetarian Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2014, 06:19