We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking off the Beaten Path for the beach

Boston...
2 posts
Save Topic
Parking off the Beaten Path for the beach

...I Have an upcoming Sep reservation for this hotel and learned valet parking is 28/night-RIDICULOUS! I read about a year ago that there is free public parking on Bayshore Drive?

Can anyone (a local) confirm this? And, if so, is it overnight parking as well...Thanks!

Mike

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking off the Beaten Path for the beach

What hotel are you referring to? Most beach area luxury hotels do charge that and more for parking. I read the same reference to the free parking , but I have never seen it- I'm wondering if it is a vacant lot in the area. Perhaps our poster BillBr who lives in that area knows about it. I would be hesitant to leave a car anywhere where it might get towed...It is $200+( and taxi fare to the outlying tow company) to retrieve a towed car- so be sure you know it is legal parking. I have never seen any free area parking near the beach , but it may exist .

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking off the Beaten Path for the beach

It was actually poster BillBr who mentioned it-

tripadvisor.com/…40564647

I know nothing about it- you might send him a private message and ask him to give you details re overnight etc...

Boston...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking off the Beaten Path for the beach

Hi Lulutoo:

Sorry I forgot to mention I am staying at the Westin. Thank you for responding! I'll just pay the 28 a night and enjoy my vacation! Not worth the risk-thanks again!

Mike S.

4. Re: Parking off the Beaten Path for the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 07:18