We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yet Another Hotel Question

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
32 posts
196 reviews
Save Topic
Yet Another Hotel Question

Apologies in advance for another hotel query, but after browsing the forum I can't find the answer to my specific question so I will try to be as detailed as possible.

My wife and I will need a room in Ft. Lauderdale for one night on Dec 14 before our cruise out of Port Everglades on Dec.15, and another room for one night after we return on Dec. 22 and fly home on Dec. 23. I would like to have shuttle service to and from the airport (FLL) and to Port Everglades the day our ship departs (I understand that I must arrange transportation from Port Everglades back to the hotel on the day we return from our cruise myself, and any hints on how to best do this would also be appreciated).

I am interested in a clean room in a friendly place that is not in a dicey part of town and would like to stay below $200/night if possible. That appears to be no problem for the 22 but not so on the 14. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Ft. Lauderdale Intl Airport
Ft. Lauderdale Intl...
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,575 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yet Another Hotel Question

Your problem with 12/14 is that it is our giant Winterfest Boat Pararde which greatly affects hotel rates in the general tourist area.. I did see that the Fairfield Inn and Suites on Griffin Rd which I know has a Port Shuttle ( I think they are one of the few that also shuttles back) has rates starting at $169 for that night. It's a fairly new hotel so the rooms are nice. Not much to do around it (it does have a restaurant on site) but it may be one that you can make work for that night.

I'm also going to check a few places in Dania Beach ( the small town the Airport is actually in that is just south of the Port. .They have a new Holiday Inn Express which has just opened. and another place called Sleep Inn that also shuttles cruise passengers. There are only a few restaurants near it , but a friend of mine has stayed there and found it satisfactory.

Mentioned in this post
Dania Beach
Dania Beach
Broward County, FL
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,575 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yet Another Hotel Question

The Hyatt Place Convention Center on 17th St in Ft. Lauderdale seems to be offering their pre cruise package w/ shuttle to the Port starting at $169 for your date- there are many nice restaurants and some shopping is very walkable from there- it is very close to the Port and is south of where the Boat Parade route is so the prices are not so affected.

Their technical address is SE 10 St I think but it is just off 17th ST right near the Harbor Shops complex.

…hyatt.com/en/hotel/offers/offer-detail.html…

I've had friends who stayed there ( actually a TA Destination Expert from Kansas.) and liked it.it is recently refurbished. The lobby gets pretty hectic= on cruise mornings, but otherwise it's a good choice.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,899 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yet Another Hotel Question

I think the Hyatt Place is a wonderful choice! I visited a friend there and was really impressed with her room! There's an awesome restaurant next door - Bistro Mezzaluna - where my friend and I ate. It was somewhat pricey but worth every penny!!!

4. Re: Yet Another Hotel Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 07:19