We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental Question from FLL and drop off TPA

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
199 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental Question from FLL and drop off TPA

I am a Enterprise plus member and looking at renting a car from Ft L airport and drop off at Tampa airport and I am getting rates of $115 dollars a day for Enterprise. I went to Hertz and same thing and then I go to Avis and getting a rate of about $225 dollars for the 4 day rental for a medium size car. I am wondering why Enterprise and Hertz are so exspensive right now and can the price drop yet as It as I am booking for december 4 to 8 th. I have only rented a car last year in Vegas with Enterprise and was very happy with them so not really a regular renter and not sure what to do. Thanjks

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,225 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental Question from FLL and drop off TPA

Looks like Enterprise is charging for returning to a different location. When I plugged in your date I saw the 115 for the full size and it dropped to 105 for returning to the same location. Still a lot more than what you're getting with Avis. Just make sure Avis doesn't add a drop charge later on.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental Question from FLL and drop off TPA

I get $40/day with the 15% off one way rentals code at http://www.rentalcodes.com/oneway.html . I'm pretty sure enterprise always charges a hefty one way drop off fee. There's no way around that. Better off renting from another company.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
14,828 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental Question from FLL and drop off TPA

have you tried bidding on Priceline ?

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
199 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental Question from FLL and drop off TPA

Ok I reserved a car from Avis for $227.00 plus taxes of $296.19 for the 4 days with PU in Ft L airport and drop off at Tampa airport and the same car at Enterprise was just over 500 dollars with taxes . Is there something wrong with this picture?

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental Question from FLL and drop off TPA

Car rental rates fluctuate on demand, among other things. Keep your reservation, but check back every few weeks with the major rental companies to see if rates change. If you find anything lower, book it (and cancel the other). No guarantee, but the closer you get to your departure (and I mean up to literally a day or two before) you may find a better deal. At least the rate you have with Avis is not that far out of line for that time of the year and a one-way rental.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,170 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental Question from FLL and drop off TPA

I'm also looking at rental cars right now for our trip to FLL. National is just over $200 where Hertz and Enterprise are well over $400. I agree that it seems odd.

Mentioned in this post
Ft. Lauderdale Intl Airport
Ft. Lauderdale Intl...
Fort Lauderdale, FL
7. Re: Car rental Question from FLL and drop off TPA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 05:19