We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports Bar Lauderdale-by-the-sea

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sports Bar Lauderdale-by-the-sea

What's the best sports bar between Lauderdale-by-the-sea, Oakland & the Commercial area?

Ft. Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
386 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports Bar Lauderdale-by-the-sea

I hear that The Village Pump on El Mar Drive is a New England Patriots bar. It is across the Street from 101 Grill.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood
Level Contributor
5,820 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports Bar Lauderdale-by-the-sea

Duffy's is great too - what team are you hoping to cheer on while here? There are some bars that are "smitten" with particular teams..

Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports Bar Lauderdale-by-the-sea

Steelers! Pats!

Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports Bar Lauderdale-by-the-sea

Duffy's looks great but not really close to the Lauderdale-by-the-sea area. Is Mugs still around?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports Bar Lauderdale-by-the-sea

Yes, Mugs on Oakland Pk Blvd is still there. Many bars down on the Galt Mile , while not entirely "sports bars" show the NFL games- Fishtales and Sly Fox come to mind- and the Oceans Grille is a Pats bar like Village Pub

if you can get down to an area on Federal south of Oakland Park,( south of 26th St where the Dicks sporting goods store is )the small Eastside Pub is a Steelers bar to such an always on the Steelers game- so they went and had an amazing time- and won the door prize raffle( $150) while they were at it- said the place was crazier for the Steelers than any bar in Pittsburgh.-also possible the Wayward Sailor Pub on the SW corner of Oakland Park and federal is a Steelers Bar- I have seen a banner and can't recall for sure- - I'll post when I find out.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sports Bar Lauderdale-by-the-sea

Yep! Both Wayward Sailor and Eastside Pub made this list

…browardpalmbeach.com/cleanplatecharlie/2013…

Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sports Bar Lauderdale-by-the-sea

Lulutoo, great info...thanks!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,116 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sports Bar Lauderdale-by-the-sea

Need to correct my info re Mugs as I just drove by and saw a for sale sign (when did that happen?) So,sorry about that and the Steelers game!

Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sports Bar Lauderdale-by-the-sea

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear that. Mugs was nice and close for us and you could always hear the game (which isn't always the case in other bars). We'll have to try somewhere different next time.

Ft Lauderdale
Level Contributor
22 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sports Bar Lauderdale-by-the-sea

Kawag,

Just north of you is Bru's Room on Federal Hwy in Pompano. Lot's of TV's, inside and out bars, okay food - I like the grilled wings.