We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Port Everglades to North Ft Lauderdale Beach.

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Emerald, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Port Everglades to North Ft Lauderdale Beach.

What is the cheapest form of transport from Port Everglades, where our ship will dock, to North Ft Lauderdale Beach where our accommodation has been booked? - Ocean Holiday Motel. Is there public transport near the dock, if so does anyone know what bus number to take to get to North Ft L beach? Thanks

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,974 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Port Everglades to North Ft Lauderdale Beach.

That motel is not far at all from the Port- I would be surprised if it is more than a $15 taxi ride and all in the taxi share that total fare- so if there are two or more of you, I say hop a taxi .It will probably take you only a few minutes. I'll Google map it and give you the mileage.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,974 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Port Everglades to North Ft Lauderdale Beach.

It's about 5 miles depending how deep in the Port your ship is docked ( it's a huge Port). We usually guesstimate about $2.50/ mile . plus a port access few of a few dollars that the taxi must pay, so I think about 15 dollars is about right. Taxis are plentiful, so that is what I would do- any sort of shuttle would charge per person and probably actually be more expensive for a party of 2 or more.

While your motel address is North Atlantic Boulevard, I would say it is more like on the more south end of our beach. compared to many other beach hotels.

Edited: 18 September 2013, 03:28
3. Re: Transport from Port Everglades to North Ft Lauderdale Beach.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 05:18