We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or Motel in Ft.Lauderdale on or close to the beach

Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or Motel in Ft.Lauderdale on or close to the beach

Hello Friends,

We are looking for accomodations for August in Ft.Lauderdale for a family of 4 (2 kids under 13) in a hotel or motel with a full kitchen. We might not have a car, so I would like to find something that it well situated, close to restaurants, shops, etc. The budget is up to $200 per night and I don't mind if it's a studio or one bedroom.I would prefer something on the beach, but would consider a place one or two blocks away. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,068 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or Motel in Ft.Lauderdale on or close to the beach

If you want somewhere on the sand your choices are limited to Lago Mar, Marriott harbor Beach, Sheraton Beach Resort, Pelican Grand or Suntower. You would need a car if you chose Lago Mar, Pelican or Suntower IMO. All but Lago Mar charge heavily for parking. August is low season so you may bag a bargain.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,481 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or Motel in Ft.Lauderdale on or close to the beach

The full kitchen requirement is not found in most of those places I think . Hilton Beach and Lago Mar have them , but probably over your budget and will charge $30+ /night to park. I'm going to check prices at some slightly off beach places.- and see what comes up.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,481 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or Motel in Ft.Lauderdale on or close to the beach

Depending on the exact dates, Gallery One Doubletree has accommodations like this that might slip in just at your budget if you also figure in $30 or so for parking-(if you get a car) and depending on how you feel about the "Euro style efficiency kitchen" - not sure how big the fridge is and the stove is 2 burner and a microwave if I recall. It's only a block off the beach and right next to a shopping mall with a grocery store across the street.

https:/…

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,481 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel or Motel in Ft.Lauderdale on or close to the beach

This is a time share that rents their full apartments and again depending on dates may be in your budget- but you have to be able to fit in their available dates. It is right near the Gallery One and is also about a block or two from the beach.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d84431-R…

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,068 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel or Motel in Ft.Lauderdale on or close to the beach

If you don't need to be on the beach, as in on the sand and are prepared to accept motel style accommodation with a kitchen take a look at North Beach Village Group properties, they have lots of newly renovated properties some with apartment style rooms with full kitchens, to my knowledge they don't charge for parking.

http://www.northbeachvillageresort.com

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,481 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel or Motel in Ft.Lauderdale on or close to the beach

One property that group Sue mentioned runs that has full apts with kitchens is Summerland Suites

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d654766-…

I just can't get a clear understanding from their website what bed configurations they offer- and it is a few blocks off he beach, but definitely within your budget.

7. Re: Hotel or Motel in Ft.Lauderdale on or close to the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 05:18