We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone recently rented from Sunshine Rent A Car

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,770 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone recently rented from Sunshine Rent A Car

I've been pricing out rentals for a week in Jan and finding rates are high. Came upon sunshine when doing a forum search but haven't found any reviews as of recent. When I called them the person I spoke with couldn't have been nicer. Anyone have feedback, would like a car in good shape and not have to worry about dishonest practices.

20 replies to this topic
Lake Orion, Michigan
Level Contributor
142 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Anyone recently rented from Sunshine Rent A Car

We've rented from Sunshine four times now and never had a problem ever. No sales pressure at all. Will be using them again in three weeks. They even let me use their computer to update my mini SunPass that I bring with me. A bonus is that there are gas stations close by that you can top the gas tank off before turning the rental in. Maybe we've been lucky all these times. Our worst car rental was the one time we rented from the FLL Hertz outfit. They tried to add a $40 "surcharge" when I turned the car in. I knew something was up when the lady in front of me was having a screaming discussion with the agent. Then it was my turn.

Franklin Park, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Anyone recently rented from Sunshine Rent A Car

I have used Sunshine many times. I drive around florida and as far as p Orlando from the ft lauderdale area. I have NEVER had a problem and I always get a good deal. Ill never understand some of theses comments. I m a real customer so go for it. Just check the price. if you like it go for it.

Monsey, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Anyone recently rented from Sunshine Rent A Car

I have rented from them many times as I visit often. The only problem is their hours - you cannot arrive too late at night nor be out on the early AM flight 'cause they are not open for business. So, what I found when looking for alternatives, is E-Z Rent a Car. OK to deal with and, for an on airport facility, their prices are actually cheaper than Sunshine.

Franklin Park, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Anyone recently rented from Sunshine Rent A Car

I have used Sunshine many times, and have NEVER had any problems. Their cars are fine and the service was excellent. I never quite understand the comments of people who make a choice about something and then complain when their choice causes a fee. ASK questions and do not bad mouth companies that do what they say they'll do..

Bloomingdale, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Anyone recently rented from Sunshine Rent A Car

Hello

I have used them for the last 3 years in Jan. Always nice, professional, no problems. Cars are not as clean as I like, but I always clean it regardless, as I am a germaphob. I have seen a few of the same staff there year after year.

Bloomingdale, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Anyone recently rented from Sunshine Rent A Car

One more thing...their hours are not convenient for very early or late arrivals

Hudson, Ohio
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Anyone recently rented from Sunshine Rent A Car

Do not rent here. Took 2 shuttles to get to where they could pick us up . Waited 30 minutes in the rain. Had to squeeze in a 15 passenger van over the back of seats. An employee asked me to hold a 10 year boy on my lap...Without asking the parent's of the kid and without considering it's inappropriate. They had to leave people standing in the pouring rain because they only have one van. One van. When we finally arrived, a 15 minute ride away from the airport at the second shuttle stop, wE discovered that they would not rent to us without our insurance card. Who travels with an insurance card? We had to have our card faxed at 8 at night. As well if you read the terms and conditions you will find the company is not responsible for the functionality of the vehicle they rent you. The car breaks down, you are stuck. Skip this place. It isn't worth it. More than 2 hours after we landed we finally had a vehicle. What a an AWFUL EXPERIENCE. DO NOT RENT FROM NU/SUNSHINE RENTAL CAR.

18. Re: Anyone recently rented from Sunshine Rent A Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 November 2015, 14:35

Wappingers Falls...
1 post
Save Reply
19. Re: Anyone recently rented from Sunshine Rent A Car

Have used them for years no problems.Shuttle from parking garage to them about 5 minutes.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Anyone recently rented from Sunshine Rent A Car

I was having a hard time finding a listing for Sunshine Car Rental on Trip Advisor. I've used them 3x's now over the course of 4 yrs and wanted to come leave a good review. Thus I found this thread when searching Google. I've rented a tiny Yaris, a mid sized Altima, and then most recently a Hyundai SUV. I've never had a problem and they were always helpful, courteous and honest.

I'm from outa state, thus I'd suggest buying the toll tag pre-pay pass. I always opt out of insurance and bring my own policy details. Getting from the airport to the rental place is a little tricky in that you have to take an airport bus, to the car rental area. Then the Sunshine people will arrive their in the van to pick you up. But I have nothing but good things to say. Much of what I perceive to be "problems" from other reviewers could be settled with a follow up call prior to arrival.

Reply to: Anyone recently rented from Sunshine Rent A Car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted