We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for honeymooners near cruise port in Fort Lauderdale?

Which Fort Lauderdale hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
507 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel for honeymooners near cruise port in Fort Lauderdale?

My son is getting married and will be taking a cruise for his honeymoon. We're helping him with the travel arrangements and need to find a hotel for them for one night pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale. We previously stayed at the Holiday Inn Express there when we cruised with Royal Caribbean, and it was a nice hotel in a very convenient location to the cruise port but I'd like to find something a little more upscale for him since this is a honeymoon. Can anyone suggest a nice hotel in close proximity to the cruise port that wouldn't be too overly expensive? Thanks.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,191 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for honeymooners near cruise port in Fort Lauderdale?

Budget and time of year ?(room rates can vary greatly) Til then look at Largo Mar

http://www.lagomar.com/

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
7,946 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for honeymooners near cruise port in Fort Lauderdale?

The Hilton Marina or the Renaissance, would be closer to the port or possibly the Hyatt 66. The Lago Mar would be a more romantic setting, but without a car they would be restricted to the restaurants within the Lago Mar, use a taxi or face a long walk to anything else.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for honeymooners near cruise port in Fort Lauderdale?

The Hilton Marina across from the Port might be nice, but I would not choose their lowest price room for quality reasons- see what something in the Tower there would cost. It has a really nice pool area and a Waterway view- and with luck they will see the cruiseport from their window.

Sheraton Beach right around the bend from the Port is another possibility, again not the least expensive rooms which are in an "annex" building. Lago Mar is really nice but may be more expensive than you mean at any time of year, as might Harbor Beach Marriott right next to it - both are directly on the beach and tend to be at the priciest end of the scale here at any time of year. Sheraton is in the same general area and tends to be bit less expensive - but the room choice there is important.

Level Contributor
507 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for honeymooners near cruise port in Fort Lauderdale?

As for a budget, I'd like to keep it under $350 if possible, but I want to get some type of suite that's really nice. They will be there next July. I think they would like a more contemporary or modern type hotel rather than a small boutique type and would want something with a nice pool and preferably a view of the ocean. Thanks for recommending Largo Mar. I'll check that out. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for honeymooners near cruise port in Fort Lauderdale?

Unless it is over July 4 that budget should get you quite a nice accommodation I would guess.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for honeymooners near cruise port in Fort Lauderdale?

I see suites at both the Hilton ( Waterway View) and Sheraton Beach ( Ocean view ) for $350 on some July weekends- prices do vary by date , but it's probably worth searching . Hyatt Pier 66 that Sue mentioned I believe is another good bet- but I'd have to look and see what their suites look like- not sure I've ever been in one. It has a pretty setting with a Marina and nice landscaping and is right near the Port.

Lago Mar is lovely, but nothing is walkable from it in the way of dining etc- and in summer it is probably more full of kids and families than the others as they have an outstanding children's program. Everywhere will have some kids, but Lago Mar most likely quite full of them I'd guess.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for honeymooners near cruise port in Fort Lauderdale?

The only "suites" I can see at Hyatt Pier 66 are much smaller "Junior Suites" in the tower building- t hey are about $100/night cheaper , but not very outstanding I I'd say- surprised not to see a full suite, just "Jr Suite " offered- matybe I'm looking incorrectly.

Level Contributor
507 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for honeymooners near cruise port in Fort Lauderdale?

Is Largo Mar pretty far from the cruise port? Are there any other romantic type hotels with nice suites that are close to the port? Thanks for suggesting the Hilton & Sheraton. I'm going to check both of them out. I really want to get something special with a nice suite, pool and view.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for honeymooners near cruise port in Fort Lauderdale?

Google Maps shows Lago Mar about 1 and a half miles from the Port entrance on 17th St. It is in a secluded area along the beach so the route to get off the beach from it is circuitous.. Marriott Harbor Beach and Sheraton Beach are close to it but less secluded so quicker to get on the beach road for dining and the like.

You might want to Google Map Lago Mar yourself and see how it is situated. I would repeat my caution about large family groups - that happens at Lago Mar during school holidays and may make it not so romantic then... our regular posters harry and JD stay there often and may comment - though I think they tend to come more while schools are in session and family groups are less numerous . Also, Lago Mar has a very casual, overstuffed Tommy Bahama décor in the rooms and public areas which may not meet your desire for a modern look.-It's probably the most "beach house " looking of all the resorts here..

Level Contributor
507 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel for honeymooners near cruise port in Fort Lauderdale?

Thanks for the info about the Largo. It might not be the best choice for July. I was just looking at the Hilton Beach Resort, which seems nice, but I notice it's not actually beachfront but is across the street from the beach. Do you know much about that resort? And are there any other hotels directly on the beach you could recommend?