We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dania beach or fort lauderdale

Prince Albert...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
dania beach or fort lauderdale

We will be flying into fll in Jan for cruise will be there 3 days prior and 4 days post cruise have booked hotel at sleep in Dania beach but are also thinking of roadway inn in fort lauderdale which would be the better and most convienient when using public transportation chose these hotels because have enough points to stay for free can anyone advise thankyou

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dania beach or fort lauderdale

Both are not very good choices if you do not have transportation , as there is very little to do around them, but Sleep Inn is marginally better in my opinion- you could hop on a bus there across the street on Sheridan St.and get to Dania Beach ( Lloyd State Park)- Rodeway Inn is out on a highway in a low income part of town with nothing nice around it and semi trailer trucks parked around it.. Sleep Inn has a small strip of shops near it with a Pubix grocery and a Walgreens drugs for last minute needs and I think a Cuban/Mexican restaurant( Pancho's) which I believe is still open though I haven't been down that way lately ..

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dania beach or fort lauderdale

By the way is Comfort Suites in Ft. Lauderdale ( I think the address would be 17th St ) a possible choice? It is much better located and should be in the same group as Sleep Inn I think. I'll post a ;link to clarify the address- lots of things would be walkable from there - including Sun Trolley and Water Taxi and many restaurants..

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dania beach or fort lauderdale

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d84432-R…

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,085 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dania beach or fort lauderdale

I can't understand why you would want to spend 7 days at either. If you are on a budget pick a reasonably priced motel on the beach in either Fort Lauderdale or Hollywood Beach, that way you would be in nice surroundings and close to bars and restaurants.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: dania beach or fort lauderdale

Why not spend the before at Dania and the after at Fort Lauderdale, or vice versa? Expect you've already booked by now, but that's my 2 cents LOL Have a Great Trip!

Prince Albert...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: dania beach or fort lauderdale

thats what we decided to do thanks

7. Re: dania beach or fort lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 January 2014, 15:35
Edited: 27 January 2014, 15:35
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,085 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dania beach or fort lauderdale

I don't understand what you are correcting Izzy. Perhaps you could clarify.

9. Re: dania beach or fort lauderdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:17