We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Lauderdale port- hotel and then onto airport in 2 days

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Fort Lauderdale port- hotel and then onto airport in 2 days

My husband uses a walker and cannot walk unassisted. We arrive off the Queen Victoria on Jan 12th and wish private transportation to our hotel. On the 14th, we have an early flight from FLL. Where may I find reliable private transportation? Cost estimates?

Thanks for any information.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
14,334 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fort Lauderdale port- hotel and then onto airport in 2 days

Google Port Everglades transportation, lots of choices pop up. Cost will be from $11/pp and up.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fort Lauderdale port- hotel and then onto airport in 2 days

Which hotel are you using?

California
Level Contributor
244 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fort Lauderdale port- hotel and then onto airport in 2 days

Hi there! I recently got a bit of info from different places, perhaps one of these can help you!!

Quotes I have received within the last day, for our trip in a couple weeks.

SAS Transportation. $15 per person, each way, to and from the FLL Airport to the Port of Miami. They will not transport us to our hotel on our return from the cruise, only back to the airport, and earliest pickup is 10am. (954) 600-0240 www.ridesas.com

Eagle Shuttle Service, $60 each way for a shared van. That’s the base rate for 3, the rate stays the same for more people, not sure what the max person per van is. If you have a group, good deal! (877) 787-8417 www.eagleshuttleservice.com

Jiffy Jeff Transportation, $15 each way per person, and they will take us to our hotel rather than back to the airport, on our return from the cruise. I got errors on the webpage, but they do answer emails… even if communication is a bit exasperating. (I’m having to repeat previously given information several times) (305) 588-6143 www.gojiffyjeff.com email jiffyjefftransportation@gmail.com

US Net Tours and Transportation, $70 for 3 of us from FLL airport to Port of Miami. (not sure if it stays the same for more people, that’s the quote given for 3 of us) They would pick us up at 8:30am… where SAS was 10am at the earliest. (786) 290-2767 www.miamiportshuttle.net

I also got a quote from GO Airport Shuttle online, they were pricey!!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fort Lauderdale port- hotel and then onto airport in 2 days

Can't give you a cost estimate without knowing which hotel you need to get to from Port Everglades.

The post above listing services and their costs may not help in your case as it seems to me you are going from the Ft. Lauderdale Port to a Ft. Lauderdale Hotel , most of which are usually only a few miles away , while these listed above seem to be for getting from Port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale, a distance of about 35 miles- two entirely different situations.

Commercial vehicles such as car services have to pay to be admitted to the Ports and some services choose to be registered to enter one port, but not necessarily both, so some of these services may not do pick up at the Ft. Lauderdale Port at all. The name of your hotel is needed to be more specific.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fort Lauderdale port- hotel and then onto airport in 2 days

We are arriving on the Queen Victoria and need to get to the Riverside Hotel. Two days later need to get to the Fort Lauderdale airport for an 8:15AM flight. Appreciate any ideas.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fort Lauderdale port- hotel and then onto airport in 2 days

Riverside Hotel

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,293 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fort Lauderdale port- hotel and then onto airport in 2 days

My 'guesstimate" is that it would be about $15 for a taxi from the Port to the Riverside and that would be the best plann my opinion.. Taxis are plentiful and there is a starter on hand to assist you. Likewise a taxi back to FLL from the Riverside Hotel would probably be about $20. These are total prices and would be split among all in the taxi.

8. Re: Fort Lauderdale port- hotel and then onto airport in 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 05:19