We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day plan for pre and pro cruise, suggestions please!

Toronto
Level Contributor
197 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
day plan for pre and pro cruise, suggestions please!

Hi All,

We'd like to go to Bonnet house after our cruise trip disembark on Sunday. Our hotel will be on SE 17th street, can anyone here provide a transportation suggestion how to get to the Bonnet House? I am thinking to take a taxi to the hotel first, then take Sun Trolley after dropping off luggage to the Bonnet? And Sun Trolley have beach route only Weekends, please point it out if i am wrong. Budge wise, is it convenient to take Sun Trolley?

Another thing is I found a very interesting architectural route, it is doable without renting a car?

fau.edu/bcdc/FLL_Architectural_Map_WEB.pdf

Also, any suggestion on shopping nearbyby SE 10th or SE17th, as we also have an extra free day pre cruise.

Really appreciate for any inputs.

CMOOD

1. Re: day plan for pre and pro cruise, suggestions please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 11:51
Toronto
Level Contributor
197 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day plan for pre and pro cruise, suggestions please!

THanks John for your quick response. I am just wondering how far it is, is it possible to take public transportation from my hotel to there? (such as Sun Strolley), or i need consider taxi?

CMOOD

usa
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: day plan for pre and pro cruise, suggestions please!

- From SE 17th street to Bonnet house around 4.5 miles so you need around 10-15 min by car

- From Bonnet house to Sun Trolley around 4 miles so you need around 10 min by car

i think best choice both ways take taxi

i highly recommended for use Sun Trolley service is frequent and was friendly. At only $0.50 per direction or $2.00 for an all day pass it , loop near the beach. Shopping Malls, restaurants, cafes, grocery stores, beaches. a good deal

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ

Best Regards

John

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day plan for pre and pro cruise, suggestions please!

I would also suggest a taxi. Yes, it is possible to take the Sun Trolley, or even the public bus, BUT, once you get off the bus, you still have a bit of a hike back to the house itself. Unless they have changed the entrance, when I was there two years ago, you could not get in at the gate on N. Birch Road but had to enter via the parking area, not a LONG walk, but a decent one. Bus #40 will take you from 17th to Sunrise, then you would walk in from there. You may want to call them to see if you can enter by foot at the East Gate on N Birch. If that can be done, the bus or trolley option and walking isn't that bad, to me.

You can check that out on GoogleMaps, just type in Bonnet House, Fort Lauderdale, which will show you not only the location, but also the public bus stops.

Toronto
Level Contributor
197 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day plan for pre and pro cruise, suggestions please!

Thank you all of you above. If it's taxi, how muhc could it be for one way? also, when I back from the garden, is it easy to grab a cab on the street?

Regards

CMOOD

usa
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: day plan for pre and pro cruise, suggestions please!

Dear CMOOD,

- Cost for taxi around 15 $ for one way

- yes i think easy to grab a cab on the street but in case you can get telephone for driver and arrange with him for return way

Note :

- open hours for Bonnet House

From Tue through Sat Open 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM , and Sun 11:00 AM- 4:00 PM.

Closed Monday, New Years Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas.

have a lovely day!

John

7. Re: day plan for pre and pro cruise, suggestions please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 05:16